Xbox 720(rumours)

So with all the rubbish rumours going around and speculating what they assume to be true make me LOL so hard 

But the recent one  Always connected to the internet that people are complaining about and threatening to Leave the Xbox for good , by all means please do so ..

So with it basically being always being connected it would solve lots of MS issues with piracy and what not I seriously love it IMO , then again with this is signification of getting rid of used Games for good or is it ? 

I think the use games   will still be available but only to the Gold Subs , there isn't no way MS would get rid of used Games market just yet ..yes sounds ridiculous I know 

Feel free to give me your opinions  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Looking forward to their announcement before get to conclusions.

All good bro

I think MS may have a game rental app on next console or a pay to play service.If people cant purchase used games or have to purchase online passes this means multiplayer matcmaking could be really slow and not worth waiting.They need to keep multiplayer as accessilble as possible if they are going to survive the next gen.

[quote user="LOWxONxHealth"]

I think MS may have a game rental app on next console or a pay to play service.If people cant purchase used games or have to purchase online passes this means multiplayer matcmaking could be really slow and not worth waiting.They need to keep multiplayer as accessilble as possible if they are going to survive the next gen.

[/quote]

Rental app quite interesting  it would be something like Playstation and Gakai , as Microsoft is  rumoured to have bought out Onlive ( only rumours) so it is cloud based which is awesome 

As MS can give gamers a new Tier pricing  instead of just the basic Gold Sub 

Online passes wont be fazed out and Unfortunately Gamers will still have to purchase them , 

Yeah, if this "always online" business turns out to be true, I'm done. And trust me, I won't miss you either. There have been plenty of times here in Florida the land of storms where the internet and cable have been knocked out. During those times my xbox is a lifesaver. I also moved not long ago and had to wait 5 days before I could get connected. Once again, lifesaver.

-

If I have to worry about whether or not I'll be able to play basic single player games, then guess who won't be getting my money? Not to mention how many people simply don't connect their xbox to the internet at all. Microsoft will be alienating a massive portion of their user base. Like I've said before, if these rumors turn out to be true then the nextbox is going to flop harder than a fat kid off the high dive.

^^^Haha, totally agree with sword. I've been in the same situation many times where the net is knocked out by a storm and doesn't recover till the next day if I'm lucky so I would be stuffed!

Hopefully they dont block singleplayer games but they could just block online play for pre- owned discs.I could see having to pay 80 ms points for an hour of online play or $10 for an unlimited pass.Not saying I like it but microtransactions are our future.Look at Farmville on Facebook and the many other free games that sell coin packs for in game items.I found all those free ios games are not free.And blocking people from online games hurts everyone.It makes MS and the game publishers look bad and new and used disc owners mad.

The PS4 could very well do it also, and it's been a rumor for a very long time, and has been an actually very hot topic in the industry. So it's actually a very strong possibility. Which would also mean no more Gamestop, no more Gamefly, no more local rent a game shops. If this does happen it won't just cause places like India and New Zealand  to but unable to play it, but most of the general public will as well. But if this does go through, not only will the economy take a big hit, but gaming may as well. Instead of pointing and laughing at the people who are trying to keep this happening, you should get off your *** and take a stand against it as well. Because this will effect us all, whether you have a good internet connection or not.

most of my rant turned into the "no disk" argument haha

[quote user="CaptainBacon97"]

The PS4 could very well do it also, and it's been a rumor for a very long time, and has been an actually very hot topic in the industry. So it's actually a very strong possibility. Which would also mean no more Gamestop, no more Gamefly, no more local rent a game shops. If this does happen it won't just cause places like India and New Zealand  to but unable to play it, but most of the general public will as well. But if this does go through, not only will the economy take a big hit, but gaming may as well. Instead of pointing and laughing at the people who are trying to keep this happening, you should get off your *** and take a stand against it as well. Because this will effect us all, whether you have a good internet connection or not.

[/quote]Actually, no. Sony CEO confirmed a month ago that the PS4 will play used games. And scoffed at the notion like it was ridiculous. Claiming that of course people want to take their games over to their friends houses to play them. So if Microsoft is only one go through with this, then they won't need to worry about what they're going to name it. They might as well just call it Dreamcast 2.