Xbox 720? Backwards Compatibility?

Hello everyone, if you do not know already Sony has announced that the PS4 will not feature backwards compatibility (the ability to play ps3/ps2 games). That just gets me wondering, What if the new Xbox does the same thing? Not being able to play Halo 4 or Gears 3/Judgment on the new console? I was just wondering if anyone else has any thoughts or information on this topic. I personally am not eager to give up 300 bucks to buy a new console and basically lose my 40+ xbox games.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="Kampane"]

Hello everyone, if you do not know already Sony has announced that the PS4 will not feature backwards compatibility (the ability to play ps3/ps2 games). That just gets me wondering, What if the new Xbox does the same thing? Not being able to play Halo 4 or Gears 3/Judgment on the new console? I was just wondering if anyone else has any thoughts or information on this topic. I personally am not eager to give up 300 bucks to buy a new console and basically lose my 40+ xbox games.

[/quote]Only time will tell...

we won't know, and ps4 won't be native backwards compatible I wish people would actually watch their conference before copy pastaing some website article.

2 hours is way too much

I suppose, here is the show again for those who want to watch it though www.playstationlifestyle.net/.../miss-the-playstation-meeting-live-stream-yesterday-check-out-the-2-hour-video-right-here

I'm gonna rewatch it since streams were laggy at times.

Well the new slims seem pretty reliable. So I'd say keep your old system. For me I like to have one system and I like for it to do it all. I don't mind to much about the 360 games not working on the new console but I would like to be able to play the XBLA games on the new console.

[quote user="Kampane"]

[/quote]Just keep your xbox 360 whats wrong with that? thats what I'm going to be doing..

I'm fine with keeping my 360 to play older titles n whatever, but say if we migrate our gamertags to the new xbox will we be able to still use the same GT for the 360? Don't even know why I posed that as a question, no one knows!

when you migrated from xbox to 360 they said you wouldn't be able to play on the xbox again, but when my xbox RROD i tried and it worked... chances are you will be fine on 360 even after you switch, at least until they shut down the servers.

[quote]Just keep your xbox 360 whats wrong with that[/quote]

Right, but it would be far better to have it all in one console than separately.

Thanks Revenge! Even if they say it won't I will still try given the information you have bestowed upon me.