Xbox 360 wireless controller and streaming

Has anyone successfully streamed a game using the 360 wireless controller?  I've set my controller up via the USB adaptor and if I test in control panel it functions correctly, however when I launch the Xbox app and starting streaming it doesn't appear to be recognised. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 107 Applies to:

Paddyboy99,

I couldn't tell from your post, but what do you mean by USB adapter? Are you using a Charge & Play Adapter or are you using the Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver. If you are trying to to use the Charge & Play adapter it will not work and you will have to have the Wireless Gaming Receiver. If you do have the Wireless Gaming Receiver, make sure it's plugged into a 2.0 USB and that the driver's installed successfully and receiver software was installed successfully. Afterward it should just be a matter of pairing the controller up to the receiver. Let us know a few more details so we can help if the above information doesn't resolve your problem. Thanks,

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry yes I'm using the wireless receiver and all shows correctly in device manager and in control panel if I run a test everything works correctly, alla axis and buttons just nothing in the Xbox app when streaming

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.