Xbox 360 will not play game bought from market place.

Bought fable 1 from Xbox 360 market place. I went to my games and tried to play it. Prompted me with a message saying I need a external hard drive. But I do not have one(I use a 24 gig flash drive). I want to know why the hell it would not prompt you with this message before I bought the game? Why did it not tell me what I needed to play this game? And why would playing a original Xbox game purchased off the market place require me to have a external hard drive!!?? Really pisses me off

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

I take it you must be operating a 4 GB model, which is not a hard drive.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

To add to HomegrownSilky, this means you can't just purchase a third party Xbox 360 hard drive off of places like ebay because they're cheaper, as they don't have the partition required for the emulation software for these games to run. I had a painful experience with this unfortunately... don't get drawn in by the cheap price. I ended up having to buy an official one in the end to play my Fable 1

Sorry this didn't help.

All original Xbox titles run off of emulation software that is installed only on official Xbox 360 hard drives.  Without a hard drive, you cannot play original xbox games.  

www.xbox.com/xboxoriginals

Sorry this didn't help.