Xbox 360 Pro Beeping While Running Discs

Hello, I was playing on the 360 last night and I noticed a really faint beeping noise that was constant and happened every half second. The beeping wasn't very high pitched, but it wasn't low either. I investigated and it turned out to be the Xbox. I made sure the hard drive was secure, which it already was, but then the beeping stopped for about a minute. I kept playing and it came back. Then I ejected the disc, and it stopped. I started playing again to see if that was the problem, and after about a minute it started again. Ejected the disk again, and it stopped again. Odd. The next day, or today, I try another hard drive with another game. The beeping noise is back, but this time is a bit louder and lower-pitched. I am not sure what to do about this, I don't want to open the console and void the warranty. I'm not even sure if I should worry about it. By the way, the Xbox is a White Pro I got in 2007 and all the games are installed to the hard drive, and the beeping noise isn't there with arcade games or demos if that helps. Any help or info is much appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Are you sure you have these games installed? Since this only happens with disk games, it could be that you are hearing the disk drive as it spins. Since your have an older console, it makes sense that your disk drive would be a little worn out and make a squeaking sound similar to a wheel that needs to be oiled. Whatever the case may be, it's obviously not anything to be concerned about at the moment if your 360 otherwise functions normally

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am 100% sure that the games are installed. Every time I get a new game, the first thing I do is install it to the hard drive. Also, it's not squeaking, it's making a faint, constant beeping noise. It's not a long beep either, each beep only lasts for a portion of a second.

Sorry this didn't help.

it is the same kinda beep that a PC bios would give

Sorry this didn't help.

and to add a note to this. I am sitting on the dashboard right now and it beeped at me like it was doing while I was playing ME3 by disc

Sorry this didn't help.