Xbox 360 Games with Gold South Africa Broken

The South African Xbox 360 Games with Gold programme is currently broken for all of us here in South Africa.

Attempting to choose the option from the console dashboard simply redirects to the previous Game with Gold (Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes).  Going onto Xbox.com from a computer shows that we should be getting 'The Walking Dead: Season 1' as our new Game with Gold, however attempting to go to that page shows only a few add-ons (which are indeed shown as currently free) but no option to actually get the game itself.  The place where the 'buy game' option should be is simply blank.

Simply going onto the Xbox-SA Official Facebook Page (as an example) will show that this is not an individual problem.  We are all experiencing this same issue and from my many friends who also own Xbox 360's, I am not aware of a single person living in South Africa who is currently able to redeem their second game with gold for October 2015.

The only thing we can currently assume is that this game (like some others) has been region locked for South Africa, and that is why we cannot see it on any Xbox Store or the Games with Gold console option.  This has happened twice before, first in September 2014 when 'Monaco: What's yours is Mine' was not available in South Africa, however then the free game was replaced with 'Orcs Must Die!'; and then in July this year when 'Plants vs Zombies' was replaced with 'Zuma's Revenge'.  So far however, no-one appears to be able to find any indication that there is a replacement game available for us.

Any assistance with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Glad to hear you were able to download it Timon Berkowits!

Can everyone else here give a go with downloading the content? Be sure you don't have any corrupt files for the content already showing in your storage for the game first. Once you've confirmed there's currently no content for the game on your console you should be able to download it :)

Let us know how it goes!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I would like to give a huge thank you to everyone who assisted us in this matter, because it appears the issue has now been resolved.

As of this morning, I see that while the 'Games with Gold' link on the Xbox Dashboard still links to Metal Gear Solid V; actually going into the Arcade Store under 'W' now shows the Walking Dead game, for free, with all of its Episodes as well as the 400 Days expansion also showing as being available for free.  I've been able to purchase and begin downloading them all, and while with South African internet the downloads may be slow, it would appear that the issue of purchasing our free game has been solved!

So a huge thank you to everyone involved who helped us sort out this matter so quickly! :D

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Xbox support!

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, although the Games with Gold link still brings up MGS, you can search for Walking Dead and it is now available for download from the store (as is Episode 2). This wasn't the case last night, but is working now.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey everyone!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble accessing The Walking Dead Season 1. Our team is currently aware of this issue and is looking into it :) I'll be sure to reach out to you all when I have an updated. In the meantime we appreciate your patience on this.

Sorry this didn't help.

Fellow South African reporting in. Was really looking forward to this.

Sorry this didn't help.

I emailed Telltale about the issue, and they've made sure to fix any errors on their part.

Should now be available according to them, but it still does not work.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same for me. On 360 we can get Episode 3, 4, 5 and 400 Days. Episode 1 and 2 are missing.

On Xbox One the full game is available. No problems.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

That is unfortunate and will have to be looked at by support.  

All I can say is that the ratings may vary per episode of the game and SA may not allow the sale of some games or games with certain ratings.

As it is across the board, and affecting so many players, XBOX will have to look into it.

Good luck & happy gaming

Sorry this didn't help.

Another South African experiencing this problem. Found episides 1 & 2 (the missing ones) on the US store but was told they weren't available in my region when I attempted to download them to the Xbox 360.

Sorry this didn't help.