Xbox 360 Elite Not Reading New Disks

I have an Xbox 360 Elite which is about two years old. I take good care of it, I treat it better than my girlfriend. I also take good care of my disks, both of the problems i'm having are with disks that are brand new.

So here is the problem:

Recently I started having issues with my xbox reading my Gears of War 3 disk. I picked it up at the midnight released and played it for a few hours then went to bed. From then on It will not be read by my xbox on its own. Ive done everything from formatting the hard-drive, reloading the updates. Opening and closing the disk tray seems to be the only way for it to work . (**It should be noticed that this is the ONLY game my Xbox will not read. Dead Island and all other older games I own work perfect.**) I got so used to doing it that I didn't care anymore but now I do...

I got Battlefield 3 the other night at the midnight release. It worked fine the first night and the next day, but now it will not read the disk at ALL!  The funny thing is that I can plop my Gears of war 3 into my disk tray and guess what? You guessed it, it works, first try, perfectly. I really do not understand the issue here, I work in the technology field and this one has me baffled. The googles doesn't seem to have any answers for this issue, im sure im not the only one... hopefully. Anyways, if anyone is having a similar issue please let me know, or if you know how to fix it let me know.

Thanks guys,

Poofyfoot

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

I would highly recommend that you contact Xbox Support. You can tweet them at @XboxSupport (they're really fast, I use 'em all the time!), or call Xbox Support. I have copied and pasted their information below! I really hope things get to working for you soon!

Phone assistance is available:

9:00 A.M. to 1:00 A.M. Eastern Time

6:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. Pacific Time

Xbox Support phone numbers

Toll free: (800) 4MY-XBOX or (800) 469-9269 Call 800-469-9269

Hearing impaired (TDD device): (866) 740-9269 Call 866-740-9269 or (425) 635-7102 Call 425-635-7102

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey poofyfoot, have you tried this troubleshooter for your disc read issue yet?

Sorry this didn't help.

I So Agree with you man, I am in the same boat Xbox S Type 2 years old and recently the new games ive been buy havnet been working right out of the plastic One to Note Especially Kinect Star Wars From Walmart Canada, 2 brand new disks i brought the first one back cause it wouldnt read and the second one did it as well ... like really i dont even live close to the damn walmart. and others to note were Gears 3 and a brand new copy of Dungeon Siege 3 Come On Like Really Its gettin really aggravating

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Unstzton! I'm sorry to hear you've been having disc read issues, to be sure, have you tried the troubleshooting guide Mister Fitzer provided for poofyfoot above? Also, you may want to check out this forum sticky post on disc read troubleshooting! Let us know, and we'll go from there! Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.