Xbox 360 E disc problems ...

Couple hours ago i was sitting playing gta V for hours, when suddenly the unreadable disc error came. So i figured i should let my Xbox cooldown for some hours.

After that, i tried to play the game again and at the startup loading animations, i could hear a weird sound coming from the disc tray, then my whole xbox freezes.

it's doing the weird noise for other games too, but at least they don't freeze the whole console, any help would be appreciated :( 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Sorry for the late response.

Very weird, i deleted a bunch of old games in my hard drive and now everything seems to be working fine, (so far), how could the hard drive affect the disc reader in any way, god i hate consoles.

ty for the reply by the way.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Weird noise? What's it sound like? Grinding? Does it make louder noises while the disc is spinning faster? If there's nothing in your drive aside from the disc, then I'd recommend not using your drive. The ball bearing in the mechanism your drive uses to spin the disc may be going. This can cause friction and heat, and could cause damage to your disc, and your console.

If your console is on warranty, send it in, if not, then I'd pay Microsoft to replace your drive.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.