Xbox 360 - Buyers Beware: A broken game?

Hello everyone

I would just like to inform potential buyers of this game. Activision has essentially sold us players an unfinished (or otherwise broken) game, at least on the Xbox 360. Never mind the fact that there is no single player portion to the game. I am sure the majority of people purchasing this title are looking forward for the multiplayer more than anything. With that said, the game has its share of bugs. For instance, matchmaking in Zombies Mode is unreliable. The game will tell you that it is searching for a match, but if you do not find one within about 30 seconds to a minute, you will ultimately be reverted to the main Zombies Mode screen. 

The matchmaking system for deathmatch/search and destroy/capture the flag/ etc works a lot better. However, it does occasionally connect you to a match, and then return you to the multiplayer screen because the game has encountered an error. This can be very frustrating especially when it happens more than once. 

I appreciate the fact that Activision is trying to appeal to the gamers who have yet to move into the new generation of consoles. Nevertheless, I think that the company is not making enough of an effort (on the Xbox 360 anyway) in terms of fixing these issues. This game has been released for approximately 2 or 3 weeks now? It's funny because Call of Duty is the company's baby, yet these matchmaking problems persist. 

I am not a Call of Duty fanboy. The last Call of Duty purchase I made was Black Ops 1. I decided to see what has changed since then. The new features are a nice change, but as I mentioned above, the matchmaking issues are more than an inconvenience. So, buyers beware.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

So xbox and activision are you gonna buy back my disk of this *** game or am i gonna have to go to playstation?

I bought it preowned, the first game I ever did this with, only because GameStop advised me that only preorders will get the new nuk3town map as a free download. When I went to pick it up on release day, I was informed: of all the things it does not come with. No Nuk3town map, no campaign, no splitscreen, awful. I was shocked to say the least. I only took it because how much I loved black ops 2, and because I traded in accessories & a game I no longer used. Plus I really was looking forward to the hype on the game, and couldn't wait to play it. As mentioned in previous comments mentioned above by disappointed gamers like me, this game is toast on Xbox 360. Major disappointment, I haven't played it since November 15th or somewhere around there. I was thinking of buying a Xbox One console and getting the game for that system, but thought of being *** over a second time (in case the game sucks on that system too), so gladly I kept my cash in my wallet. Unless someone I knew could convince me to upgrade, it appears Microsoft & gamestop have lost another dedicated gamer to there poor marketing ways, yes I fell into it and should of done some research before doing the trade in, but when has any previously released COD game downgraded a game the way they did it to the Xbox 360 version of black ops 3. SHOCKING and really to the game designer, YOU SUCK.

I bought the game on the market place for 50 bucks and regret I ever did....I've leveled to 24 or so and never get my unlock tokens from reaching a new level when I'm supposed to...Microsoft ripped me off. thanks.

How do u know if your game is broken. It takes forever for me to get in to any game on Black OPS 3 and my XBOX 360 keep freezing up.