Xbox 3 (720 Sounds Stupid)

With both sony & nintendo having day one retail game downloads will microsoft follow suit and do you think they will allow third party HDD because 250 or 320gb is not enough space for my download needs also what features would you like to see on the X3

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

and the product codename for kidnect was natal, it won't stick. it will probably just be called "Xbox"

[quote user="SpecOperations9"]

[quote user="PhilMarck"]

"Xbox 720" is only a rumour name and "Xbox 3" sounds stupid too.

[/quote]

The project codename is Durango, take your pick. :P

[/quote]

Durango would be a terrible name. Xbox 720 would be better. 

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

[quote user="SpecOperations9"]

[quote user="BlackSilverAce"]

[quote user="Scout 015"]

Then i doubt you'll be getting the next Xbox. The whole i'm not getting it if you still need to pay is rubbish argument, 40 quid a year is nothing if you can't manage it you shouldn't be spending money on any console. If they try to increase the charge then fair enough.

[/quote]

No, the whole "if the up the subscription cost I'm not getting it" makes no sense. Either you're on board with being charged to access online play or you aren't. I'm not on future consoles.

It's a little bit late to be complaining about gold fees on the 360 (most of us here have either accepted it/found ways to deal with it or given up on gold membership entirely), but on a new console? There couldn't be a better time to get vocal about our collective expectations than before it launches.

My expectations are that MS steps up their game on actually making console exclusives again and drop the rediculous cconcept of asking gamers to pay to access online play. Nobody else does it, and the practice just comes across as old fashioned nickel-and-diming.

EDIT: So yeah, that probably means I'll be passing on the next Xbox. No free online or exclusive games- no buy....

[/quote]

Assuming the console does indeed come out next year, you're going to pass on stuff like Halo 5, MW4, and Forza 5? Are were you talking about NEW exclusives, if that then I see your point.

[/quote]
Yeah. Halo has been stale since Reach and has turned into a game franchise I want to like more than I actually do (except Halo 4, which I feel completely ambivalent about), so skipping the subsequent Halo's really wouldn't bother me too much.

Forza? Meh, never been much of a driving game fan, so it isn't a series I would classify as a system seller for me.

And Call of Duty has never been a console exclusive, so nothing lost there either.

Yeah, to keep my business MS is going to need a whole lot more exclusives (instead of apps) and free online play. Halo is not enough...

[quote user="BlackSilverAce"]

[quote user="Scout 015"]

Then i doubt you'll be getting the next Xbox. The whole i'm not getting it if you still need to pay is rubbish argument, 40 quid a year is nothing if you can't manage it you shouldn't be spending money on any console. If they try to increase the charge then fair enough.

[/quote]

No, the whole "if the up the subscription cost I'm not getting it" makes no sense. Either you're on board with being charged to access online play or you aren't. I'm not on future consoles.

It's a little bit late to be complaining about gold fees on the 360 (most of us here have either accepted it/found ways to deal with it or given up on gold membership entirely), but on a new console? There couldn't be a better time to get vocal about our collective expectations than before it launches.

My expectations are that MS steps up their game on actually making console exclusives again and drop the rediculous cconcept of asking gamers to pay to access online play. Nobody else does it, and the practice just comes across as old fashioned nickel-and-diming.

EDIT: So yeah, that probably means I'll be passing on the next Xbox. No free online or exclusive games- no buy....

[/quote]

Assuming the console does indeed come out next year, you're going to pass on stuff like Halo 5, MW4, and Forza 5? Are were you talking about NEW exclusives, if that then I see your point.

[quote user="US Revenge"]

the only reason people jumped on 360 was because the original xbox was lightyears better then the ps2, high end exclusive games, no more dealing with memory cards, very nice online for the time and a comfortable controller ( granted the first gen xbox controllers were way to big)

-

since MS doesn't care about exclusives,  and the online isn't much better then PSN that you have to pay for it's kinda crazy, all sony has to do is continue how good they been doing the last 4 years or so, microsoft has to go back to what they were like last gen, or even when the 360 launched.

[/quote]

I just don't get why my local Walmart and Gamestop still sell PS2 games (and occasionally Gamecube) and not Xbox? Everyone said PS2 was better than the Xbox, but that CAN"T be true. The exclusives were better, the graphics were better, I never got a chance to try out LIVE back then, but I know it was more used and more accessible.

I think the next gen will at the beginning, be successful, becuase the Xbox is the top system nowadays. One thing that will help though, will be the exclusives, So we'll have to hope for more Gears, Fable, Halo, and Forza ( I'd pay money for a PGR5, but that ain't happenin') as well as some more or less revolutionary exclusives, to compete with PS3's ju--stuff. (I mean seriously, Uncharted and GT5 are the face of the PS3, and I know Tomb Raider and FOrza are way better)

[quote user="PhilMarck"]

[/quote]

The project codename is Durango, take your pick. :P

[quote user="Scout 015"]

If they don't keep things like Achievements, i reckon they'll lose a lot of people. Yes i know achievements aren't what makes a game successful but for some people their collectables they have to have and i think would be unhappy to have it all dismissed.

[/quote]

Yeah, I totally agree, achievements is probably one of my favorite things on Xbox! If they took away achievements on the next-gen, I'll be purely an online gamer. When the next box comes out, I'll probably wait 1-2 years, depending on what my G is at, what games I have, and the status of the xbox live service in general. I wonder when LIVE will be taken off from the 360?

[quote user="US Revenge"]

all MS has to do is have gold compete with PSN+,

[/quote]I think you got that backwards.  PSN+ was created to compete with xbox Live.  Sony obviously wanted to have an upper tier much like how Gold works for xbox.  In order for them to "recruit" players/gamers to buy in to their new system, they had to do things like offer free games and what not, because nobody would've spent the extra money for it.  Simple Business 101.

There could be ways around that though. I'm sure they know that which if they are smart, they will include gamepad only searches for the multiplayer.