XB1 can't change OTA channels on Win8 Media Center PC

My windows 8.1 PC with media center has an OTA tuner. Live TV and even pause/rewind/fastforward of TV works great through the Xbox One. However, the XB1 can't change the channels of my media center. The OneGuide shows the correct channel numbers like 2.1 and 7.2, etc. However, every time I try to have the xbox change the channel it only seems to send the first number to the PC.  For example, 2 gets sent instead of 2.1.

I have the Cablebox device setup as Media Center PC and the guide data is OTA Denver (80030).

Any thoughts?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

My Xbox arrives Monday. I will be utilizing a very similar setup, though I will be using a Ceton Cablecard tuner.  The IR codes however, should  be the same.   It may be necessary to disable "IR debounce" in the registry to allow for IR control to function properly.(This trick was needed for universal remotes to control MCE under certain circumstances) I will let you know on Monday.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am interest to hear how it works for you. The only difference that should help you is the fact that the xeton works with your local cable company so all channels will be whole numbers, 35 or 520, I think you get where I am going...

I really think the issue is that the xb1 doesn't understand changing OTA channels, 2.1, 20.2 ...

Let me know how it goes for you because I have been toying with the idea of getting a ceton device for my setup.

Also, watch out for Pauses in the display if you try to use your PC through the xb1. I am having an issue where the interface pauses or seemingly doesnt respond even though things are happening. This most often happens on the desktop but occasional in media center.

Sorry this didn't help.

Indeed .   I have an OTA tuner as well.  but I forgot I had manually assigned them whole number channels in the MCE guide. Via Tasks>Settings>TV>Guide>Edit Channels> select a channel and change the channel number.    The issue then becomes correcting the XB1 Guide to match your MCE guide numbers.   I am gonna have to  redownload my guide to get it back to default. I realize none of my channels are assigned their default numbers which I think is gonna really throw the XB1 for a loop.   I do have an app that lets me track the raw data that the IR receiver is seeing.  It will even let me take those values and assign actions to them. It may be possible for me to write a profile that allows the XB1 to just do its thing and this app would translate it into useable/workable input for MCE.

I will post here what I do to get this working. But first UPS needs to get on it.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same setup (win8.1,WMC,OTA via HDHomeRun), and have the same issues with the One attempting to go to a whole numbered channel via a subchannel.

It actually seems to be missing some of the subchannels in the guide as well -- for most of them I don't care, but my daughter watches Qubo, which is a sub off the local Ion affiliate.  OTA Guide is for Cle/Akron (44067)

It would be nice to have the same functionality as WMC, where the tuning works, and I can add/remove some of the channels (We have a ton of religious locals that I simply don't watch, and would rather just hide)

Sorry this didn't help.

I am still waiting on my Xbox.  Very frustrated with UPS.  Maybe today.  This is the software I plan on using to snoop the IR signals the xbox sends out. ( www.lmgestion.net/.../article.asp )

Sorry this didn't help.

xbone doesn't seem to be sending the ir command for the "." at all it disregards the".1,.2,.etc" it is not something a registry setting is gonna fix... unfortunately.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Sad to say this is still broken with the 12/10/13 update.

Sorry this didn't help.

I checked this this morning and I can concur with mr. joshuawillis.  This is still not working.

Sorry this didn't help.

I checked this this morning and I can concur with mr. joshuawillis.  This is still not working.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi All,

I am currently having the same issue with the xbox one not issuing the correct .x channel commands for my OTA TV on WIndows 8.1 Media Center. Anyone have any luck?

Sorry this didn't help.