X1 + Virgin Media = reduced resolution and lower refresh rate?

Hi guys - can anyone help me here?

I've got a Virgin HD box (no tivo) - the HDMI output feeds into the Xbox One HDMI input.

The Xbox One HMDI output feeds straight into my TV, so effectively, the Virgin box is feeding through the Xbox One.

When the Virgin box feeds straight into the TV, the resolution is crystal clear.

When it feeds through the Xbox, the picture is a little muffled, and not crystal clear - the refresh rate on the screen also seems reduced.

The menus are a little fuzzy too - so feeding it through the xbox has caused some disruption to the signal.

I am hoping this sorts itself - but if anyone has a solution I'd be very grateful! I've reset the Virgin and X1 boxes, but to no joy...

Many thanks for any help !!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Well so first I have the options on 1080p with HDMI (auto detect). Second step: I change the HDMI (auto detect) to HDMI. Third step: I do the second step backwards to revert the situation back to HDMI (auto detect). Fourth step: Now choose 720p in the resolution option and when you are prompted with a window asking if you want to keep it, wait a few seconds (before the 15 seconds run out) and say "NO", now you will have 1080p and 50hz. Sometimes you have to repeat the whole procedure. I hope it helps  ;)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.