X1 NAT: OPEN, COD: Moderate (I've tried searching)

Hi all, 

I've tried searching the forums, here and the support ones, but I'm not seeing anything useful. Can anyone explain what I'm missing and why I'm getting Moderate NAT reported in game but not on the console test ?

I've manually setup my port forwarding and I have ensured that the X1 ports (from here) are forwarding. The X1 tests as Open NAT too.

Xbox Live requires the following ports to be open:

• Port 88 (UDP)
  • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 80 (TCP)
  • Port 500 (UDP)
  • UDP Port 3544 (UDP)
  • UDP Port 4500 (UDP)

Are there additional ports for Ghosts that I'm missing? If so, could you point me in the right direction please ?

Cheers.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Have you gone through the algorithm in support that has you go through each step and test along the way?

Are you hardwired or wifi? When I used to play wifi, sometimes resetting the router would make the NAT open for a bit.

Do you have more that one Xbox on the same network, ever?

COD does not use the standard xbox live ports.

You need to forward port 3075

Sorry guys I thought I had the forums setup to notify me of replies, turns out I didn't !!

@Malacath, I thought port 3075 was if you had multiple XBoxs on the same network but I'll give it a go anyway. If not I'll try to find the Support article that does a walk through problem finder.

Port 3075 is needed for COD even if you only have one xbox.

If UPnP doesn't open it then you have to forward it

It could also be an issue with the router and the modem.  In order for me to get an Open NAT I have to forward ports on both my router (ActionTech) and router.

I have UDP 88

TCP/UDP 3074

TCP/UDP 3075

that's all the ports I have forwarded on both Router and Modem and I have OPEN NAT all the way around.

Just an update.

A few days ago there was a patch for Ghosts.

It's seems to have changed the required ports to get an open NAT

I now have to also forward port 3076 to get an open NAT in ghosts

So looks like the port for ghosts is now 3076 as well as 3075