X-Men: Destiny

I honestly have heard nothing about this game until a few days ago. Absolutely nothing. And nobody ever talking about it. And now its out and the reviews are in, and everyone seems to agree that the game is sub-par at best, crap to most. I'm not judging the game because I've never played it, but for me... the fact that I didn't hear about it speaks louder to me than anything else, including the fact that one of the loudest buzzes in today's gaming seems to be about this game and how bad it is. That's all I wanted to say.

Thoughts?

EDIT

oh yeah, for the simple minded (wouldnt have to put some of you down if ya hadnt given me just cause in the past), i said "reviews." That is both industrial and user reviews--players.--you guys. so please, not pretending i'm just talking about sites like IGN and the like.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I heard a bit about it, I remember seeing a teaser trailer and it was seen at E3 this year. I'm considering picking it up as I'm not to bothered about reviews if the game looks good to me, and it does.

Hasn't Sword played it?

there are many videos on youtube and it looks terrible.

I was wondering about "Spiderman :Edge of Time" myself they both came out at the same time didn't they?

[quote user="CosmoRBGSpacely"]I was wondering about "Spider-Man :Edge of Time" myself they both came out at the same time didn't they?[/quote]Edge of Time is a fun game though the free-fall sections with Spider-Man 2099 are highly annoying.

Very similar to Shattered Dimensions, so if you liked that title, you will like this one. 

Ah thanks VDC! I still need to finish Shattered Dimensions before i even think of purchasing EOT.

[quote user="Elite Rampant"]

Hasn't Sword played it?

[/quote]Indeed, he has. It's an all around mediocre game. Highly repetitive. Lack of variety. Story isn't very interesting. It isn't inherently broken in any way. But I wouldn't recommend playing it unless there is nothing on TV.

I'd play it for the gamer score. Easiest 1000 in a while. Took me about 12 hours total. And whoever can't beat this game on hard needs to trade in their 360 for a WiiU.

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

[quote user="Elite Rampant"]

Hasn't Sword played it?

[/quote]Indeed, he has. It's an all around mediocre game. Highly repetitive. Lack of variety. Story isn't very interesting. It isn't inherently broken in any way. But I wouldn't recommend playing it unless there is nothing on TV.

[/quote]

That's really a shame.  I wish devs would take the time and make a X-Men game the right way.  The only one that came close, was X-Men Legends, and it still had its faults.  But despite its faults it gave you the opportunity to play against the Sentinels, assuming you found the simulator/"side quest" disc.  Or whatever it was called. 

There were a few devs that tried to make a Batman game, but Rocksteady actually took the time and made one that was game of the year material, and hopefully the sequel is just as good, or better. 

I hope a good dev steps up to the plate and makes a dang good X-Men/Marvel Universe game (yes marvel ultimate alliance was pretty good, but the second one lacked substance, and had some short commings).  I get goose bumps thinking what an X-Men/Marvel Universe game would look like using the Unreal 3 Engine or possible Rage's.  Here's for hoping that day comes sooner, rather than later.

Silicon Knights fail again