WWE '12

Is it worth a punt?

-

I remember how good WWF Smackdown 1 & 2 were, but I played Smackdown Vs. Raw 2007 and it was so complicated how to do a move to someone, the same goes for Skateboard games, TH3 was brilliant, played Proving Ground and its so complicated, has anything changed in WWE games to make them easier for the user and are they still as good as SD 1 and 2?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I agree, gameplay over gaphics anyday!

Have to agree with CMSteamPunk316.  That game was the best ever IMO.  Gameplay is key, not CAW/million modes to play.  Give me No Mercy gameplay and a decent CAW.  Hell, release No Mercy HD!

well, the only game of that series i bought was '07. initially i thought it would be worth keeping since it's the last one with chris benoit but since he went all roid rage and did his thing not sure that it's much of a collector's item...it was a decent game though, minus the loading screens...if this new one ends up being a lot better than that then i can see myself buying it but if it's just a few tweaks here and there then i'll look for it in the bargain bin next year....also i went ahead and bought wwe superstars cause of the legends in that and it was a fun game for about a month.

transform

[quote user="CMSteamPunk316"]

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: until they make a wrestling game based on the N64's No Mercy/Wrestlemania 2000 engine, it's not worth playing.

[/quote]

+1

I use to be a big fan of the Smackdown vs Raw series early on but fell out about the 08, 09 release so I might get it just to see where the series has gone.

CMSteamPunk makes a valid point.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: until they make a wrestling game based on the N64's No Mercy/Wrestlemania 2000 engine, it's not worth playing.

last years game was lame, so they have alot of catching 'Back' up to do

I havent played a SvR in a few years. This one looks alot better than previous years. It will feature some pretty cool legends this year so if your into nostaglia get it.

I'm getting WWE 12. I know not to expect anything more than a average wrestling game from it though.