WTH Do I Need To Be Online To Play Indie Games?!

This is ridiculous! I can play Arcade Games, Games On Demand, And Disc Purchased Games without having to be online and out of all things I need to be online to play Indie Games? Out of all things? Indie Games are just as much as my property as an Arcade Game and is completely wrong that I am required to be connected to your network to play a game that I have purchased. I DEMAND that this requirement be taken off in the next update!. Microsoft, I applaud you for taking the initiative and seeing where the Market is beginning to go and seeing there is a large opportunity in promoting Independent Studios. However, I am sure that the developers are strongly embarrassed that you have used DRM on their product. Do I need a petition or something to get this through to you? I'll do it!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I will sign your petition. I want access to my Indie games too whenever I want.

And you have the right, too.

I have to be honest, the requirement to pay for an online service to access an offline game is very... bend-the-consumer-over-and-thrust-as-hard-as-you-can-ish.

None if the arcade games, indie games or retail games are your property.

What are you talking about. I purchased the product. I have a receipt, I OWN the game. It is mine. If you're going to sit there and tell me I have no rights to a product that I purchased and now call my own, explain yourself. Otherwise, leave and don't come back.

I dont understand this either, I only have 2 indie games but the point is that if you purchase a game I dont believe that it is right that you have to use the online purchase to play it.

Is there a reason why they do this?

You Guys Need to Add " I support " somewhere in the reply if you support. This is important.

I heard they have to have it that way because it has something to do with the games not being rated by the ESRB and the whole "Game Experience May Change During Online Play" thing. It is inconvenient though.

its because most of the games are for online play and its so they can put patches on the games

Pretty good point you have there. Do you need Xbox Live Gold for it to be online?

Still, if not, that is absolutely ridiculous. That means that if I'll take my 360 to my grandparents they and I can't play those games.