Wtf?

So I've recently seen this video, so apparently they took the Prothean out of the game to add as day one DLC, and lied about it saying they DID NOT take it out.  This brings up other questions like, why is it taking so long for them to fix a simple import glitch, or why was there such a problem in the first place?  I don't know, this is all kind of BS.  I haven't been able to play the story for ME3 yet because I refuse to re-create my Shepard, or play as a stunt double.  This is getting ridiculous, it's such an easy fix, I mean, they've done it once before.  I will seriously be pissed if EA comes out with a "Character Customization" DLC pack, which also just so happens to fix the import glitch.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

They also lied about multiplayer not affecting the single player =/

Well, they didn't so much as lie as it is possible. You just have to be very very very very good. And do everything (Really, everything. EVERYTHING) and right. And be sure to deal with those timed sidequests. And deal with their crappy journal. And be able to do all that without tearing your hair out. Oh yeah, and dealing with every "asset" you find not being 100% because you're not playing multiplayer. (Apparently most of our assets spend most of their time rethinking their position)

If anyone is as horrible as me at multiplayer perhaps we can get together and play :p We'll see how many times we can die...:p I bet I win.

[quote user="Queen x HunT3r"]

They also lied about multiplayer not affecting the single player =/

[/quote]

[quote user="Caelan63"]

Well, they didn't so much as lie as it is possible. You just have to be very very very very good. And do everything (Really, everything. EVERYTHING) and right. And be sure to deal with those timed sidequests. And deal with their crappy journal. And be able to do all that without tearing your hair out. Oh yeah, and dealing with every "asset" you find not being 100% because you're not playing multiplayer. (Apparently most of our assets spend most of their time rethinking their position)

If anyone is as horrible as me at multiplayer perhaps we can get together and play :p We'll see how many times we can die...:p I bet I win.

[/quote]

I did all the hub missions/N7 missions/side missions I could get ahold of (even the timed missions)... I even went and bought the official guide to the game, to ensure I completed all of them. Before the final part of the game, only 'aspect' I had available in my journal was a Priority mission... all the rest of the missions were shaded grey to indicate they were complete.

-

In the end, I only had a total military strength of 6055, which divided by my readiness rating of 50%, gave me a effective military strength of 3027... 2000 points less than what is needed to get the so called 'best ending'. As I'm unable to connect online to download the dlc at this time, from my point of view BioWare's stance of saying that you can get the best ending by doing 'everything' in the game in the singleplayer campaign is a lie. The only way, from what I've heard so far, is to invest time in playing the multiplayer and then importing your character into the singleplayer as a war asset.

-

So like Queen x HunT3r said, about BioWare saying that multiplayer won't affect the singleplayer campaign, from my point of view, IS a lie.

I had the 'best' ending and didn't import a character from MP to SP at all. I did play a bit of MP, though. My ending strength was around 6k. Don't know the exact numbers. I think you only need 4k for the special thing, not 5k.

According to the guidebook... you need to have a effective military strength of 5,000 to get the 'best ending'.

I have seen that video too. All it proves is that the prothean model is in there. As the video shows he is not doing any of the missions from the dlc and the model is not even holding the customized weapon that he gets when you get the dlc. The theories range from Bioware took all of it out and made it dlc to the model was only in there for testing purposes. I find the lather to be possible simply because if they started work on the dlc right before the game was sent off for certification, then the first thing the would have done would have been the character and would have needed to test it works. That being said it is possible that the OP is right and they just took all of it out before release. However, there is really no way to know for sure. If they are lying, then they would say "No, we didn't do that", but if they are telling the truth they will say "No, we didn't do that." I imagine that if the OP is right, even defenders of the game ( such as me) might be up in arms as well. Baaaad situation.

the model on the disk is just filler. when you buy the DLC, the blank model on the disk gets replaced javik from the DLC. its because javik on the normandy and during the other missions and cut scenes is not on the DLC, but on the disk.

I kinda figured it was something like that.