WTF is up with people that can only get kills with the MAV?

Seriously, I don't mind getting killed, but why did they make it so people can get 20 kills with a recon drone. I played a game last night, and this guy was killing everyone with it. Tried locking on with stingers and javelins, but they can dodge it easily. The next game, the same guy tried to run and gun, and got destroyed and went negative. If they can only get kills like that, then should they make it so you can't get kills with it, or it only has a limited range. If not, then maybe a shooter isn't the game for these people.....IMO

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

just curious as to how your getting killed by the mav? i didn't know it could kill you. i thought its used to spot people and disable/destory other pieces of equipment. i don't think it kills people by bumping into them cause i have tried several times and it didn't work... i could be wrong but its also pretty easy to shoot the mav down even with most guns..

I'm curious as well.  I've logged 36+ hours and have never been killed by one...

Me too.

me three

Happened to me yesterday, didnt think you could kill with those . I forgot what the name of the map but it was inside the city. The MAV just kept running into us and killing us.  Pain in the *** to kill in the city.        It got quite a few kills

[quote user="Snipey Sr"]

Seriously, I don't mind getting killed, but why did they make it so people can get 20 kills with a recon drone. I played a game last night, and this guy was killing everyone with it. Tried locking on with stingers and javelins, but they can dodge it easily. The next game, the same guy tried to run and gun, and got destroyed and went negative. If they can only get kills like that, then should they make it so you can't get kills with it, or it only has a limited range. If not, then maybe a shooter isn't the game for these people.....IMO

[/quote]

Yes I have noticed a few games where this type of killing spree is happening with the MAV recon drone.   *** Now I will tell you 3 very easy ways to make it go away very fast! :)

1. Use a Stinger Missle Launcher to take down a MAV recon drone.
  2. Use a Javelin Missle Launcher  (*Yes I know it won't lock on to air targets like jets and helicopters.....but it WILL lock on to MAV recon drones)
  3. Use another MAV recon drone to emp burst the enemy MAV recon drone.  (*Yes You can lock on and destroy a enemy drone with your own MAV drone)

If you use any of those 3 steps to take down a enemy MAV recon drone...the enemy will be getting frustrated instead.   Enjoy...   :)

What the frell is a MAV? is that like the UAV thing that flies around once in a while? I just ignore it...

Aghh... Yes these kills are annoying. Played a game last night and that is all this guy did, and it works wonders for the opposing team. Takes so much time from everyone to try and dodge and shoot this thing down. Then get killed by it when you get fed up and ignore it. Then when you finally destroy it, he just whips out another a min later.

Unless it's an open map stingers are useless because there's so much to hide behind.

I'd just listen then turn around and shoot it as it came in for a deadly swoop.

But yeah considering it's size compared to the characters, I don't think it should be able to kill you going it's speed.

So until they fix it, or never do, we have to deal with everything BF3 has to offer and then this annoying drone with house fly type habits.

anything that flys is no danger...

I had someone land on me with it and killed me. Otherwise, they do nothing...no weapons on them or anything.