Wrong language in a game bought on the marketplace

Hi there,

I live in the french part of switzerland and just bought Fallout3 on the marketplace. But the game is in german !
All the game I bought and downloaded from the marketplace have always been in french, so what can I do ?

I tried to remove the game from my HD and change my system location settings to France but if I try to download Fallout3 again, it's still in german.

Any help would be appreciated

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 126 Applies to:

The description for that game in the Swiss marketplace does state that it supports German, so it looks like it is downloading the correct language for that game.

The languages can vary depending on what the developer's provide for the marketplace. Other games you have previously downloaded may have been made available in different languages, or just French, but this one seems to have only been made available in German.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Were I you, I would speak with a Billing Agent. You can choose Option 1 after finding your country's support line: See http://tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers ...

but a faster way to speak to a Billing Agent is to go to http://xbox.com - sign in there if you can - then go to http://support.xbox.com/contact-us?xr=footnav#0:2:5

Click on Request A Call and type in a few lines explaining your issue and you will get called back quicker than if you waited in queue on hold

Sorry this didn't help.

I did what vibroplex said, so far i expect an answer of them within 2-4workdays to gimme back my €.

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same issue on Friday the 28th of November with call of duty black ops 2! Also in Switzerland and just to mention it, the "german language" was written on the right of the screen and found it only because I scrolled down after I bought the game and realized it was in german!

My xbox regional settings are Swiss and French language, I even changed it to France and French, all games are in German!

I tried phoning the support line, after answering questions, nothing happened. I tried requesting a call but the form refuses my phone number, says its not valid.

I'm really *** right now and I'd much appreciate a valid procedure to make contact with Microsoft so can get that game in French!

Thanks for your answers!

Oh and please, to make things better:

- how about displaying game descriptions in the same language as it is sold in. That way, we'd immediately see its the wrong language!

- I'm sure Black Ops 2 is available in French or English, so why doesn't it appear in the xbox store? I can only see german games!

Sorry this didn't help.

No its limited to what the game publisher publishes in the region not only what is supported in the region

In every game marketplace (you go by console it lists what language it is in )

The general web description is what languages it is published in and only those globally

This is why you do it via the console

This does not garentee the games is published in every language in the region

Ms does not decixde that the publishers do

Each game has a language description fr for French and ger for Germany en for english etc

Sorry this didn't help.

Black ops is region specific and has to follow international laws on content

Especially due to the violent content this is why content is localized what is allowed in us or France won't be allowrd in Germany or swiss

Sorry this didn't help.

I just want to make contact with microsoft to get that game in French or get a refund 'cause I'll never play that game in german, I don't understand a sh..., so please, help me do so if you know how?! Because that will be my only purchase on the xbox store if I don't get this right! It would be a pitty!

And just to say, although the language is displayed, it is not very visible! As I said, I had to scroll to see it (and I did this while trying to understand why the F... the game was in german). This is a bad way to sell stuff to a customer ! I feel abused because the game description and everything else was in French, there was not other choice and the "german" wasn't visible at first glance! That led me to the mistake and I feel my money was stolen from me!

I only care about the fact that I bought a game 90$ which I can't play!!!!! The game has already been removed from my xbox!!!!

So please help me if you can, get in contact with the billing services!

Sorry this didn't help.

Either chat or phone in your region

It is actually in the description unless you used the webpage as it lists the us page by default rather then your account region

Sorry this didn't help.

All games in the Support ed language will have their description in the supported language unless you rely on the webmarketplace which is why you didn't see the supported language as you are referencing something you don't have access to

Using the correct regional marketplace will give you the proper description

When you use the us marketplace you still can only queue the regional content in your region its not a bug

Sorry this didn't help.