Writing Reviews?

Hi all, I have suddenly noticed alot of people on these forums are writing reviews on newly released games with pay... i for one would love to get involved in writing reviews for the great xbox communitiy such as your selves to read. In fact it would be a pleasure!...Does anyone know how i can get involved with writing reviews for pay?.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Just make a thread, write a review and click post. However, be careful when writing reviews for games that have a fanboy following. I tried that once around here. They attempted to burn me at the stake. I barely managed to escape with my life

I mean like for companys mate i know some people on here have been writing for companies with pay for some decent sized online companies.

You have to go apply to ceritan companies for that.

You have one option. Design your own website and write reviews for it. Getting a job anywhere else writing reviews is more about who you know, rather than what you know. And no one is going to hire some random that he came across on the forums just because he asked nicely.

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

You have one option. Design your own website and write reviews for it. Getting a job anywhere else writing reviews is more about who you know, rather than what you know. And no one is going to hire some random that he came across on the forums just because he asked nicely.

[/quote]

that goes for pretty much every job not just for writing reviews.

Not true. I have a job in a good field. And I was hired based on nothing other than my qualifications. You can't really hook up cousin Jimmy with a job that requires technical knowledge. Any jackass can write down his opinions on a video game

Your going to have to free lance and write reviews on your own site before an actual gaming review site would even consider hiring you. Having a degree also helps.

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

Not true. I have a job in a good field. And I was hired based on nothing other than my qualifications. You can't really hook up cousin Jimmy with a job that requires technical knowledge. Any jackass can write down his opinions on a video game

[/quote]

i guess thats true, i was talking to someone about a possible future career in any emergency, the guy said i could easily get a job with the degree for the program im going into not to mention not really knowing anyone that has a job in the field im going to school for.

I usually do one word reviews.

E.g., Good, bad, brilliant, crap, ok.