Wrap fan?

If you go in to a music store and buy a CD it's sealed, if you buy a DVD it's sealed, so why do many game stores think it's acceptable to sell you an unsealed new game?

As someone who is quite high up the OCD scale i dislike this practice very much and don't buy unsealed games unless there is no other option.

What say you?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It doesn't bother me at all.

If it was only opened for display purposes or merchandise safety, I don't care.

Where are you buying your games? All the games I have purchased for my xbox have been sealed.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

they do that to protect the stuff, it's really easy to steal a game in a store like gamestop, so they put most of the games in the back behind the shelf so if you do go in and try and steal something you get just a case.

[quote user="LOL AT UR SKILL"]

Where are you buying your games? All the games I have purchased for my xbox have been sealed.

[/quote]I buy most of them from ASDA or other UK supermarkets now because they only sell sealed games, but in the UK shops such as Grainger Games, Game, Gamestation (no longer exist), and HMV all regularly sold unsealed copies, and quite often the discs would have marks on them from where the manual made contact with the disc due to them taking the games out and storing them inside the manuals...

I dislike stores who break the seals on games and in my opinion, it should deem it as used after the seal is broken, there is no need for them do be doing it to be honest.  It's funny you created this thread because the other day I purchased a game as the deal was good at this store and the store always breaks the seal (my risk of course).  To my surprise the game had three scratches and two finger prints on it.

[quote user="Mafivee"]

I dislike stores who break the seals on games and in my opinion, it should deem it as used after the seal is broken, there is no need for them do be doing it to be honest.  It's funny you created this thread because the other day I purchased a game as the deal was good at this store and the store always breaks the seal (my risk of course).  To my surprise the game had three scratches and two finger prints on it.

[/quote]If there is a game i feel i need and i can't get a sealed copy i have been known to go to Game and check every single copy of the unsealed game until i find one that is pristine, i'm very obsessive about it.

I just think it's wrong to buy something new and it's not in 100% pristine condition, i have many quirks, and when it comes to gaming this one is probably my worst, but not the only one by a long shot...

The excuse is that is the only copy left and that they  used it to display. There should be different ways in this times  to show the merchandise they have available in the store instead of use a new game box to display it but there is no doubt they can take advantages using that method.

As long as i get a copy in perfect conditions with all that was included inside the box (codes manuals art etc) i don't have problem either. Thats how i got Risen 2 pre order ed without pre ordering the game for 20.00 dollars and everything was included .

[quote user="WILK0"][quote user="Mafivee"]

<snip>

[/quote]If there is a game i feel i need and i can't get a sealed copy i have been known to go to Game and check every by Browse to Save">single copy of the unsealed game until i find one that is pristine, i'm very obsessive about it.

I just think it's wrong to buy something new and it's not in 100% pristine condition, i have many quirks, and when it comes to by Browse to Save">gamingthis one is probably my worst, but not the only one by a long shot...

[/quote]

This particular store that I bought the game from has a few empty cases on the shelf and the disc in a single paper sleeve inside a drawer behind the counter.  My problem with that is the staff a handling these items and no doubt don't give a damn about taking care with it as it isn't theirs.  I would much rather see them have an empty display case or two on the shelf then when you take it to the counter they go and unlock the cabinet and pull a sealed copy of the game for you, then return the empty display case back to the shelf.

[quote user="Mafivee"]snip[/quote]What's with all the links in your quote of my post?