Wow

Wow, I make a post and it gets locked because I'm frustrated!

Moderators: Kindly put a big post on the top of this forum saying it's against forum rules to do anything but go ooh ah over the game. If not, kindly explain to me why the thread was locked without giving me the right to discuss my issues!!!! There was nothing in there that was against any forum no nos.

All I have to say is: I like RPGs, I hate Call of Duty and Metal Gear crap, yet people think I should play those instead. Don't make assumptions about people you don't know.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Well... your previous post did have a lot of negativity in it, however everyone is entitled to their opinion. I hated going through Orzammar and the Tower of the Circle of Magi... but while some parts of Dragon Age: Origins can be boring etc... That's what all games (not just RPG's) are like. In almost every game there are parts which are boring and the gamer wants to get through ASAP. There's no such thing as a 100% universally accepted perfect game, and even if there was such a game, there WILL be someone who'll hate it.

You had raised your points as to why you disliked the game, and while I may/may not agree with it, I do respect it.

The only part that drives me nuts its the fade mission in the circle tower.

Fade mission just kills the rhythm of the game for me.

Yeah, that's a terrible mission on an otherwise great game.  I actually avoided the Fade mission in DA2 for my first two playthroughs because the Fade in Origins sucked so bad.

guess I'm the only one that liked the Fade? thought it was clever, fun and a nice change of pace from something like the deep roads straight dungeon crawl (but I enjoyed that as well)

[quote user="AbsoluteApril"]

guess I'm the only one that liked the Fade? thought it was clever, fun and a nice change of pace from something like the deep roads straight dungeon crawl (but I enjoyed that as well)

[/quote] Just wait until you have done 10+ playthroughs then it will seem so tedious.

Truthfully I get irritated with the Fade, but I don't mind getting through it and it helps to get my character some extra boosts. As far as the Deep Roads go, I pretty much can't stand them. XP But the rest of the game is very amusing and fun.

[quote user="Fear Thy Waffle"]

The only part that drives me nuts its the fade mission in the circle tower.

[/quote]

Same here.  DA: Origins is one of my best and fave games of all time.  I love the entire game apart from the fade mission.  I liked to do the circle tower first, but usually leave it until last now because of the fade.  I dont mind the Deep Roads though for some reason?  I have played through the game about twelve times and it just doesnt seem to grate me like the fade.