wow...

....I haven't seen any mentionable lag in quite some time with this game, but last night....I played a couple games...got disgusted and shut it off.....I've seen "rubberbanding" off and on throughout this games life, but I've never seen it like it was last night....I was playing on the Vietnam maps, and my tank handled like a hovercraft...it would just slide sideways, careening into things.....or, I'd run from the deployment, and not just rubberband backwards a few steps.....but go completely in reverse all the way back to my spawnpoint like it was a movie rewinding.

since it's never happened like this before and it played normally the day before, I'm assuming they were doing stuff to the servers so it's likely an isolated incident .....now before all you "your connection just sucks, I never have problems" tools get your panties all twisted in a knot....my connection is great and so is my ping, I just mention this in passing to see if they were doing maintenance or updates or something on the servers....or maybe even the hurricane was messing with things

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The matchmaking is pretty broken. Me as a European player keep getting put on NA and Japanese servers... Really the best thing to do is to check the player profiles once you join a game, if they're not from your region then just find a new server, no point in staying in a laggy game.

EA server maintenance is on Tuesdays.

Have you tried the connection to UK fix?

Welcome to EA for shutting down more and more Servers in "preparation" of the next big BF Game.

Recenty I have been either getting kicked part way through games or I have been getting one instance of very bad lag and when I respawn the sound is gone for the rest of the game. So yes EA has been having some major server issues later. Cheap B A S T A R D S are probably already shutting down Bad Company 2 servers even though Battlefield 3 is still more than a month away from release.

even when I was sitting still, my tank would start sliding sideways randomly....or if I was on foot inside a building....all of a sudden, Id be outside 100 feet away...without moving...*** that, I just shut it off, watched the news and read

Did you try doing a port refresh on your modem/router? Sometimes that works, just shut everything down connected to it and then turn it off, wait a few minutes and then turn it back on.

Seems to help for me, but if you're getting stuck in servers out of your region you should expect some lag. Never had the side ways tank, but I've had rubberbanding before.

man I did everything, rebooted my modem and router a couple times....even tried different game modes....and yeah, the sideways tank thing was weird...never experienced that  before ......like I said, I gave a good try ... decided reading was less irritating

Since reading a post on here about BC2 being back in a UK shops top 10 list I've assumed the lag is caused by a lot of new players with bad connections which the servers are struggling to cope with.

You see a lot of these connections on CoD (this isn't a CoD bashing comment, just seems that way) and as these players move to BC2 to get a taste of BF3 we'll probably see this more and more.

Dam Lag!!!!!!!

I never seen it like that before,I only really usually get lag these days when im playing with my US friends as im in UK,Have been getting kicked back to menu abit though recently part way through a game.