WOW. This community really sucks

I have been playing online nearly every day. And I can't help but notice the amount of people that either don't cooperate, or are complete jerks to one another. Nearly every halo, COD, or battlefeild game I go into has 90% of the people not using thier mics, and most of the other 10% that do are unwelcoming jerks. None of my friends ever want to play anything with me anymore. I bet someone that would pick up a brand new xbox at gamestop with gold membership, a mic, and some online multiplayer game only to enter a world of hackers, immature little kids, and MLG jerks that make fun of anyone that is new. Posting threads on the forums doesn't seam to help either. Say one person is looking for some friends to play a cirtian game with. Multiple people will then say "Add me" then when the OP sends a friend request to those people. They either don't accept it, or accept it, then never respond to invites.

 

Discussion Info


Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the community issues you've been suffering. Microsoft has Tools to avoid jerks like the several you've mentioned. Also, if you're seeking players that are above the scum feel free to add me, I'd be more than happy to show you the good fraction of the community.

hate to say, but this is a large portion of the entire console gaming community.

There are many unwelcoming abusive idiots out there, but there are good too. This is why i run dedicated game meets for fun , we all have our headsets on and communicate the way the game needs .

Yeah I've met alot of un-welcoming gamers in my time as an xbox user, which is why I've been mainly playing with my friends, If you are looking for friendly gamers check out our forum (we just started out so its abit slow at the moment but got a few decent guys on there.. link in sig, shamless plug i know ;) but don't get anywhere without putting the word out there, lol) But I do agree most people are just idiots looking to be jerks as they are faceless.

I know what you mean man. It used to be easier making friends whilst playing a game, but now it seems people just don't use their mics, or if they do their complete jerks.

And as for making friends on the Forum, I have made lots of "friends", but only played with maybe 5-10% of them.

I take it that you don't have that many people on your friends list. If that's the case, make some.

Most of my friends consist of forum members these days. A couple years back, say '08, I use to have fun conversations with all sorts of people, so often that it was a regular occurrence and I didn't add them to my friends list because it was half the people in the lobby. I wish I would have added them now because of the boom in popularity in gaming. Everyone and their grumpy grandma plays video games now.

I feel you on the unwelcoming jerks but you're mad because people don't use there mics? that's kind of crazy. some people like my self don't like using their headset for various reasons.

Hello there I just have to say that yes it is kind crazy that you would point your attention to people that don't have mics. Just to show that people actually have gotten no mic at all for some reason or disfunctional mics, and either don't know how to get it repaired by someone or they don't have anymore money to by a brand new one or used. This is that they don't have any more money to spend since they have bought a console and a few other games if they wanted to and now they are left to play the game without a mic.

You said people without mics and all I have to say is, your playing the wrong gametypes. I play HC S&D on Modern Warfare 3 all the time and there's rarely ever someone without a mic. Yeah you run into those people who can be jerks, but you have those people everywhere. It's not just Xbox LIVE, it's PC and PS3 as well. I've got a PS3 and you think Xbox is bad about not having mics, you'll really be upset on the PS3. Just my 2cents.

Find people who have mics by joining a clan, it really does change the way you play the game when your with a group of friends.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.