Wow, I did not expect my fav. game of the fall to be...

Dark Souls.

[

This Fall, I bought Gears of War 3, Battlefield 3, and Skyrim.

[

I rented Deus Ex, MW3, Uncharted 3 and Dark Souls

[

I ordered Dark Souls for $20 on cyber monday and I have to say that it is my favorite game.

[

I'm really not that into RPGs. I like KOTOR, Mass Effect, and the Elder Scrolls games but I've never been into serious RPGs before.

[

This game has blown my mind. It's funny because I can't even explain why. For one, this game is hard but never frustratingly hard (unless you die twice and lose all your humanity and 5 digists worth of souls). However, I can't ever mindlessly play it and this keeps me immersed and fully aware of the environment around me.

[

I'm about 8 or 9 hours into the game and the last 3 have been spent not really exploring at all. Every now and then I'll peak my head into a new area and get obliterated in one hit by something MASSIVE but for the most part, I'm just helping n00bs (like myself) beat bosses and grinding just to get my equipment better. And I'm enjoying all of it.

[

I enjoy Skyrim but Dark Souls takes the the cake for me this year. And it was the last game I ever expected to even like at all.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

*** happens.

I heard DS was a pretty good game. Also if you want to get paragraphs to work, go into rich text formatting, and press Enter twice when spacing paragraphs. I have no idea why it does it that way, but whatever.

Doesn't look like it would be my taste but I'll try it at some point :s

I thought it was terrible. But that's just me, I guess.....

If you want you can add me. I'm leveled to 23 because that's one of the most common levels there. I'm just sitting here helping people kill the boss in the area. So far I have 30 humanity and 300000 souls from doing so...

Yeah, my verdict isn't in yet. There are tons I have yet to play from this year including Catherine, Dark Souls, Saints Row 3, Battlefield 3, Zelda: Skyward Sword, Uncharted 3, Rage, Assassin's Creed... and a couple more. But if I had to guess, I would stick to Skyrim being my fave. I'm currently over 100 hours in. I hope I will be done before 200, but if any other game from this year can match my Skyrim experience, its welcome to try.

Isn't this the same game as Demon Souls on PS3? If it is I've heard it's hard but a really good game.

It's the sequel to Demon Souls, which was a PS3 exclusive, Floorboard. :)

Its a true man's RPG, Skyrim is for babies.

The main issue I have with Skyrim is that the combat doesn't feel that great (taking turns hitting each other, especially if you don't have a shield) and the difficulty spikes. You will be pwning some zombies and then the boss of the dungeon kills you in one hit with a tiny dagger. I wish there was more variety like there is in Dark Souls.