Wow, Dark Souls...

is one of the most difficult yet fun games I have ever played. I've never been into RPGs that much unless the title starts with "Mass" or "Elder" so this is the first kind of rpg of this genre I have ever played. And despite how difficult it is, it is very addicting. All I want to do is find a way to get past the next boss or next group of ruthless knights.

I rented this game from Redbox a few days ago and took it back today. I'm already missing it. I just don't have the money to afford it until it drops in price sometime next year. Who else became addicted to this game?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's addicting.  

I don't know how many times I've told myself I'll just do a quick run at this boss then go to bed...three hours later I'm still going.  

Same. I've quit the game twice because I got pissed off at losing a huge amount of souls. Then 3 hours later, I find myself playing again.

I don't see why people say it's hard. Yes you will die on occassion. But most of the game is just about planning or knowing how to defeat the Bosses. For example today I used a very weak short bow to take out 2 tough mini bosses. and Then when fighting the Gargoyles on top of the Church I summoned Laetreau (SP?), and Sabine they smashed the Gargoyles for me, but the downside is I missed out on getting a Gargoyle Helm.

I found it to be most hard at the beginning of the game, then after ringing the first bell it got easier IMO, but I also had the Drake sword. Game is very addicting though!

Likewise I'm really starting to get into this one. I know a lot of people complain about it being hard, but it's one game I always compare with Portal, in that there's a particular way to get through and most other attempts will fail. The fun and the gameplay is surrounded by solving that solution to gain a clear passage. While it may not be the most innovative, it's certainly not seen very often among this genre, which usually pushes for more action, and hack/slash solutions. I just wish I had more time to dedicate to this title for longer sittings.

From what I've read people are finding it frustrating because they die so quickly that they don't get to learn where they went wrong, so a fight can become a long case of trial and error with little actual 'learning' going on.

I'll give this one a go when it's cheaper. I'm not laying down £40 on a game that has the potential to make me rage quit it within a few days haha. I like the concept of it though, I played Demons Souls a bit on PS3.

Yeah I'm not buying it until it is $20 or $30. Considering this game won't even come close to matching the sales of other AAA titles of this year (because of the genre), I expect it to have a huge price drop by spring next year.

you guys have to give this game a fair shot.  easily one of top 5 games I've played all time.  I wish I could buy more time to play it.   yes you will die and lose souls, you will have to learn area before you can succesfully soul farm it.   but it is a great game.   worth every penny

I put about 6 hours in to it. Nothing jumped out and impressed me. The only aspect it had which separated it from other games was the difficulty. If there was anything fun or interesting going on, I would have played it further. But I'm not big on masochism. So I'm not going to subject myself to that level of difficulty if I'm not getting something out of it other than a sense of accomplishment. That's like letting some leather wearing dominatrix tie you to a tree and flog you for 6 hours straight, just so you could feel proud of yourself for living through it.