would you recommend the orange box and the witcher 2

having seen a few reviews think im definitely  gonna pick this up tomorrow.

also has anybody played the witcher 2, any good?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Witcher 2 is a pretty solid game, i was expecting more from it, esp after all the reviews i seen and so on but was a little let down but still a good game. You can't go wrong with the Orange Box.

Other then to be playing with massive cheaters on orange box.

True... but Half Life stuff and portal are awesome.

If you're getting Orange box for TF2 don't bother. Cheaters, zero updates, people only play one map(if anyone even plays anymore at all) and it just plays badly. TF2 is free on steam and it has none of issues.

orange box is 5 games in one, but team fortress 2 has no players since MS wouldn't let valve do anything on it.

-

Portal is ok, it lasts a few hours and is unique

-

the other 3 games are half life 2 + episodes, which is sorta like an old school FPS where you can get lost easily and find weapons or ammo in some obscure area in a corner. kinda fun kinda not.

-

over all worth the $20 or so that I paid.

-

Witcher 2 has one of the best stories this gen. choices feel like they matter, the game you play as a swordsman that specializes in killing both beasts and man.

-

my problem with witcher 2 ( and the reason I didn't finish it) was it was hard to know where you had to go. it became a chore to figure out where you were meant to go for any mission. even if you can get past this, the game feels a bit limited and strange in it's combat, you basically swing and dodge and repeat,   you have very limited magic, and pretty much can't use other weapons, you are almost only a swordsman the entire game.

[quote user="US Revenge"]

orange box is 5 games in one, but team fortress 2 has no players since MS wouldn't let valve do anything on it.

-

Portal is ok, it lasts a few hours and is unique

-

the other 3 games are half life 2 + episodes, which is sorta like an old school FPS where you can get lost easily and find weapons or ammo in some obscure area in a corner. kinda fun kinda not.

-

over all worth the $20 or so that I paid.

-

Witcher 2 has one of the best stories this gen. choices feel like they matter, the game you play as a swordsman that specializes in killing both beasts and man.

-

my problem with witcher 2 ( and the reason I didn't finish it) was it was hard to know where you had to go. it became a chore to figure out where you were meant to go for any mission. even if you can get past this, the game feels a bit limited and strange in it's combat, you basically swing and dodge and repeat,   you have very limited magic, and pretty much can't use other weapons, you are almost only a swordsman the entire game.

[/quote]

Its rare I say this but I agree with your entire reply.  I do however LOVE Half Life 2, Episode 1, and Episode 2.  Those 3 games alone make TOB worh the purchase.  In fact I bought Half Life 2 for the PC, then for xbox, then again for the 360.  Thats how amazing that game is. 

I would recommend the Witcher 2, I have yet to finish it but I enjoyed what I have played so far.

Half Life 2 makes the Orange Box a must buy, especially since you can probably find a brand new copy for a quarter

Witcher 2 is amazing.

Didn't like anything in the orange box,but I'd recommend it just because it's cheap for 5 games, all of which are very diffrent so you SHOULD at least like one of them.

The Witcher 2 isn't really my cup of tea but I think it is a good game. Unfortunately since it was a present I must play it eventually.