Would You Approve of Developers Selling Portions of Their Games?

Would anyone here like it if Developers sold their games not only whole, but also in Portions if wanted.

For example: Call of Duty 9:

Full game: 60$

or

Multiplayer 20$

Single Player 20$

Extra Mode (Zombies/Spec ops) 20$

Let's say I only wanted to buy the Multiplayer, I pay 20$, and get a disc with ONLY the Multiplayer and Maps, Nothing else. If I wanted the other portions, I would buy the full game or buy the second portion I wanted.

I'd love it if developers did this in the future, What are your thoughts?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'd support that.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind paying less for games without multiplayer.

Could get confusing with so many different versions of games for sale.

They're already selling incomplete games to push DLC.  A $60 game can end up costing $100.

But yeah, I could do without online in some games.

If they had a system in place or a pricing structure I think it could work.  I'd be willing to agree.  Personally I prefer and entire games experience but wouldn't shoot the idea down because I know people would like it and not everyone has $60 to shell out all the time let alone when the big blockbuster months hit right before Christmas.

So a game like skyrim comes out is it then forced to be $20. Since no multiplayer by your logic it would.

[quote user="Covert Affairs"]

So a game like skyrim comes out is it then forced to be $20. Since no multiplayer by your logic it would.

[/quote]Uh, no. Skyrim and everything developed for it is entirely for the single player experience. So there would be no content to cut out which would warrant the drop in price. However, Call of Duty reserved a significant amount of disk space for MP. I don't care about that. So I would purchase a game without that content in it, and would therefore pay less.

It be good it done right. Like making a games in epasoleds. So if it take longer then they hoping. They will get money for the project in the long run.

So are retailers now forced to store 2 or three or four copies of the same game. Developers/publishers are only making games for the money thats the business cutting out portions of games and selling them separetly would make them loose money which for a business thats bad.

That sounds cool actually. Problem is though, I like a complete package on any game I want to buy. Not only that, but a year or two down the line when I get the game for $20 or cheaper anyway... It would be hard for them to do this on disc.