Would Gold still be value for money if online play wasn't included?

Another thread sparked this question in my head and rather than force it to go off-topic I thought I would ask here.

If Microsoft suddenly decided to make online play available to Silver members, just as they do on GFWL, would you still pay for a Gold subscription?

The Gold sub would still offer exclusive access to the all the features, apps and Party Chat. The only thing being removed would be online play.

Would a Gold subscription retain its value for money if online play was no longer exclusive to that membership level?

Now I confess that I'd be coming down on the NO side of the equation, though it's a tough one as I love Party Chat.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

To be honest, no I don't think it would be value for money, as I can still access the various apps etc on my laptop for free.

The only things I will miss, would be Party Chat and Deal of the Week and possibly the ability to send messages from Xbox.com.

Nope .

No.

[quote user="SONIC SCREAM 07"]

The only things I will miss, would be Party Chat and Deal of the Week and possibly the ability to send messages from Xbox.com.

[/quote]I'd really miss being able to respond to messages from Xbox.com. I never reply on my console, I slid across to my PC and answer from here.

They would have to dramatically cut the price of GOLD for anyone to still purchase it

I would not keep gold. Not even sure if I am going to re-up when I run out on the eleventh.

[quote user="voteDC"]

I never reply on my console, I slide across to my PC and answer from here.

[/quote]

That's what I do as well. 

Nope

Who in their right mind would??? Maybe if it was like $20 a year I would, but otherwise nooooooo!

Seriously? This is a rhetorical question isn't it?