Worth a buy?

I was wondering if I should buy Red Dead Redemption. If not then what would be better? Don't own Crackdown 2, Either dragon age, Dead space 2, or dead rising 2 yet. Any advice?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Definitely worth a buy, Best game i've ever bought in my opinion! Theirs so much to do you'll never get bored.

P.S - DR2 sucks. I bought it and got bored after a few hours :/ all you do is run about killing zombies... it's fun at first but gets boring :/  

I concur, Red Dead Redemption is the best game I've played in a long time and I LOVE GTA, and of course Assassin's Creed. Right now both RDR and AC is right next to each other for me as best games ever.

Again,I say RED dead redemption is the best game ever. I have been playing daily for a year straight..It's so bad @@@,that I now have 2 xboxs with 2 reddead games and working on a 3rd xbox and 3rd reddead disk just to get the wife and the kid to posse up!!!!!P.S     I bought the 2nd xbox just for red dead!!!

The MP has so many different things to do, you don't get bored.

The Game of the Year edition is supposed to be released in October all DLC included for $50. Definitely worth every penny and then some.

The game of the year is supposedly going to sport a hardcore mode... Hopefully they'll add it to the regular owners of RDR too as an update.

I'm in the very small majority that doesn't like it. I've tried three times to get into and can't. It's boring, I get tired of riding a horse for 5 minutes to get to a 5 minute shootout, so I can ride my horse for 5 minutes. Aiming while riding is even worse than aiming while driving was in the GTA series, and I find myself getting bored with it. I'll finish the game eventually, but the characters don't interest me, the gameplay isn't that fun for me, and I'm left trying to find reasons to play it again when better games like Gears are out now. Maybe if I do a co-op run I'll have more fun.

It's a shame that Berzirk didn't like it but I can understand why, I used to fast travel a lot because it can get very annoying having to ride everywhere.

Personally I quite liked it and found it fairly fun.

Definetly worth getting from the bargain bin.

I would pay 100$ for this game. I absolutely loved it. There are only two games I played twice. This one and Mafia 2. Mafia 2 doesnt even come close to RDR. RDR is the greatest game ever made bar none. There is so much to do its unreal. I didnt really use fast travel all that much. The scenery was just so cool that I loved riding around looking at all of it.

I was pondering if to buy it or not for 14 months, and when I baught it I wasn't excited to get on it and play, but this is one of the best games I have played, along with GTA III, CoD4, Championship Manager 2001/2002 and Gears of War 3 - I also liked Vice City but not as much as them lot