World War II vs. Modern Games

When I as younger I remember playing the old games of Medal of Honor and Call of Duty, back when they took place in the second great war. I really felt connected to the games because it was fought during a war where we knew clearly who the enemy was, and who the friendlies were. I felt more or less like I was "fighting" for a cause. But now with the modern setting, I don't feel that same storyline connection. I do like the modern technologies and some of the cool action scenes, but fighting in the modern age is getting just as old as world war 2 (in certain people's opinions). I know that World War Two was somewhat beaten to death, but I think they could spread new light by doing more of "black ops" take on it, with secret missions and such. I feel like WW2 games wouldn't feel as old when they are applied to the game engines, graphics, sound, etc of today.

The modern setting is just getting old to me.

Where should we go next? (not vietnam)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 29 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The modern age brought about too much customization and too many kill streaks.

I like both, but I prefer modern. I love the freedom of customization, but I think the killstreaks have gotten a little out of hand.

i dont mind ww2 games they are just getting boring fast, i first played them on ps2 with medal of honor and they were continuing up until 2008?

I also think WW2 games get boring a lot quicker mainly because they are a lot more basic.

I always preferred WWII over modern, that whole era just fascinates me.

WW games have been beaten to death and beyond. Not just with one company either, with tons of franchises. And as silly and counter evolutionary as I think it is, for those who dont like the new style of play there is always barebones..

I think what I'm trying to say is, every World War 2 shooter up until now has been half-assed. Nothing was ever polished entirely, there were no super epic moments, etc. I think we just need one company to make one more WW2 game and go ALL OUT on it.

WW2 game from German/Japanese perspective. I'd play it.

yeah, WW2 got overplayed. The new "thing" is modern warfare which is getting close to being beaten to death. Next? future warfare like Ghost Recon, imo.

[quote user="LT ALD0 R4INE"]

Where should we go next? (not vietnam)

[/quote]

I have a feeling that post-apocalyptic/future warfare will be popular soon. We already get a nice heaping pile of futuristic games as it is now anyways.