Work arounds for getting past tutorials

I am making this for people to add ways they have gotten "in" the online game. I have gotten into the first race, package drop, and Cypress mission. I spammed the A button and brought up the blade a few times. I might have gotten lucky but there are friends that cannot get in. Yes I know Rockstar is having issues but has anyone found work arounds that have gotten other in?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

What option r u guys selecting when going online?  Do u dash board when u get to the blurry skyline for too long? Do u select go straight online or do u through the choose character menu?

I have used GO to online when its loading blurry I would bring up my blade a few times and it would eventually get moving. But not for everybody. Have people trying to reinstall multiplayer update right now. 3 people can get in 3 cannot

One friend already deleted title update and re-installed it and he is in the first race. So deleted title update is working in some cases.

am able to komplete tutorial by going through pause menu,online,go to play gta online, and most importantly single player to komplete tutorial then kan do few races against ppl if kan join.this helped me do tutorial and  bike race against someone before freezing on me.hope this helps-

My cousin had a problem getting in on the same connection I was online with. I noticed he had better luck when he deleted the update and redownloaded it for the third time. The bar the first two times would fill up then stay like that  for a minute then finish. The third time it didn't do that. He also cleared his cache.

ok. i tried deleting/downloading the update once, maybe i'll try again.

so when u guys try and it goes the thee blurry skyline, you dashboard, start over, and use the go straight online option each time, not the 'choose character' option?

Found this today

10/2/13 Note: Some players have reported being able to get into the Tutorial race by re-downloading the Title Update, which can be deleted from Xbox Home or the PS3 XMB (Game Data Utility, NOT save data). Others reported having luck by selecting "Swap Character" from the Online tab within the pause menu, deleting the character that was unable to get into the tutorial, and then creating a new character. Going into GTAO in Solo mode may also help to allow completion of the tutorial.  Some who were experience this issue have been able to get in just by trying again later.