Won't let me play dlc for GTA IV

I have purchase the DLC for Grand Theft Auto.. the DLC was the lost and damned.  when I click on it to play it from the game market it says "To use this item, play the game it was downloaded for."  so then... i began the game and went to the start and went over to the game market within the game and tried play it from there but it would let me click on "Play."

I have tried deleting it and then redownloading but that hasn't worked for me yet.. Also i did buy it on a different console.. i went thru the license transfer but i may have done it wrong so yes i will have to try that again but i just did it recently  so i have to wait. can anyone help if there is anything else to do.. i feel like i wasted 1600 ms :( 

-KIDxLIGHTNING 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 288 Applies to:

Does any of your other DLC work after the license transfer? This could be your issue, I would delete it again and clear the console cache:

Clear your cache and restart your console. Instructions here: support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache and if that does not solve it try clearing the Marketplace System cache (not just console cache):

On your console, go to Settings, and then select System.

Select Storage, and then select your primary storage device.

Select System Items.

Select Marketplace System Data.

Select Delete.

Restart your console.

Try that and then delete and redownload the DLC again. Also check the notes some DLC is not compatible with certain versions of software. It would say in the description game must be serial number: XXXXX if yours doesn't match it may be incompatible.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

When you load up GTA IV does it load up into your latest save for GTA IV?
(Or the original version of GTA IV)

If it does try pressing start in game, then go to game and then Marketplace.

The Loat And Damned should be listed in there with a tick? If it is its installed correctly (or should be)

To start a single player story game up on the DLC simply go to game, new, and select The Lost And Damned. It should be an option in there. Enjoy playing on the lost and damned Story. (Just double check you have your origianl GTA IV save in a save slot just in case auto save overwrites with the lost and damned)

To change between DLC's on GTA if you ever want to and get back to your origianl GTA IV save. simply press start, go to game, load and load the save file for the version of GTA you want to play.

Hope this helps ;)

Sorry this didn't help.

When you download content, you will need to have the original game disk to access said content. When you first download it, and go to start a new game, look through your options. There should be a listing for the new DLC somewhere with in the options, sometimes you may have to access the content after starting the game. I would suggest downloading the file again, starting a new game, and when it loads, open the in game cell phone and look through there. It may require you to start the DLC missions from there being you don't have a save file yet for the DLC. Hope this helps. Take care, and hope you get your game working.

Sorry this didn't help.