Won't let me find a match

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this problem, but here's hoping someone will help me out. So here I was playing Call of Duty 4 MW in an online match, when suddenly I was kicked out and returned to the main page. When I get back to the Xbox Live screen, my rank was reset, my scores and experience was all messed up (too many numbers) and when I went to Find Match, all the options were greyed out, hence my reason for posting this.

I do believe this may be a prank by some other players, considering the game I was in was majorly infected and just screwed up. If anyone could help me solve this or just give me some advice other than "Erased all data and start over" I would very much appreciate it. Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

If your rank was reset and is in the negative range I'm afraid there is no way to fix it.  The only way to play from scratch is to create a new account.  However since COD4 is totally broken now for online games, I would suggest that you forget this title and move on to something else.  If you really must play a COD title, then move on to Black Ops, it does not have these issues and no public games contain infections/modifications.

Sorry, I know this is not what you want to hear, but that is the way it is.  All of the moders playing COD4 will eventually have their accounts permanently suspended.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I suppose you're right. The game is pretty messed up. Thanks for the advice, I'm going to give up on the game since it's no fun anymore due to those infections.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.