Wolves on my world?

Im having trouble finding wolves in my world. Ive looked everywhere and i cant find any its annoying me because Im trying to tame them for the achievement. So do wolves always spawn in a world? Or can there be worlds were there is no wolves that spawn ever? Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Wolves are way too rare on my world, which saddens me because I'm a huge fan of wolves (see my GT?). I've been gunning for that Leader of the Pack achievement for a while now as it's my last to get, and I have more than enough bones (30 and counting), but so far I've seen only 1 wolf...

Wolves are shy ;) I reccomend just playing the game normally and waiting for them to appear. Be sure to have a stack of bones handy so you can tame them. You can get them from skeletons as Peter GWd said. Also, yes, wolves also spawn on peaceful mode :D

Good luck on the achievement!

If you're playing on Peaceful, you'll have no skeletons to collect bones from, and you need bones to tame wolves, so you might see some, but you can't get them as pets.

Curious, I'm playing the game on "Peaceful" -- so, will wolves spawn in my world?  Or, do I have to bump it up to "Easy" ?

[quote user="NICCSACC666"]

i couldnt find any the first couple daYS BUT after i had a decent full house build, after i woke up i went outside and there was a whole pack of them in my font yard.

[/quote]
Same here.. I hadn't seen one since playing, but I was just putting the final pieces to my house last night and noticed one in the distance, it was white and certainly wasn't a sheep!

I never saw one until my friend and I walked out the back door of my cave house and one fell off the mountain and died not 2 feet in front of us. After that there's always been a wolf on a nearby mountain watching the back door...

they are usually in heavy forest area on your map, it takes time for them to appear in other area's.

They are rare in my world, but I do see them every so often.

Alright :) I'll keep an eye out for them

i mean, im not saying thats a sure fire fix for no wolves... but it seemed to work for me.

mabye wolves just generate at certain times or whatever.

good luck tho!