With all the griping about lag....

Why hasn't XBox Live come out with a one-button internet router optimizer to get all the players on the same sheet of music?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The lag is from the game not XBL. The developers added in lag compensation into the games.  It's not Microsoft's issue.

And I just figured my connection was slow.  Thanks for that.

Have the developers ever recommnded connection speeds for optimum play?

I dont know about newer CoD's,but with CoD 4 it was 2 meg down .3 up

-

I had far less lag on FREE broadband on CoD 4 than I do with premium broadband on MW3.

I have a very good connection; bandwidth, ping and quality (no drop packets).  I have to start a netflix movie or download before I play or I'm a full 1 to 2 seconds behind the other players.  Netflix doesn't totally fix my connection but at least my bullets hit.

How does that help. never heard of that approach.

It increases your ping or reply time.  By having a higher ping or slower reply time the game introduces less artificial lag to your connection.  This is way players with a slower connection has a huge advantage over players with good/great connections.

They are trying to even out the playing field but IMO it the wrong approach.

Ghorman is over exaggerating a bit.  He is not consistently 1 to 2 seconds behind.  Its probably more like a half second which is still a very big disadvantage in a game like this.  Also as someone who has an above average connection, his trick does nothing but cause more lag for me.  Im guessing that trick would only work for the beastiest of connections.  Not trying to say you are lying or anything Ghorman, but my experience with this game makes it hard for me to believe its as bad as you say.

Please don't try to tell others how my game acts on my connection.  Until you come over to my house and see it for yourself you need to stop.  I have plenty of times where I can fire a full clip and get Xs only to watch the kill cam and I unloaded 2 rounds. Or where I run 6 feet behind a wall and then get pulled back into the open.

To many factors at play with connections for Microsoft to be able to do anything about it. Your ISP could have some broken hardware as an example. How are you going to get Microsoft to fix that?

Then you stop saying that everyone with a good/great connection is at a serious disadvantage when thats not true.  I have a very good connection and only have these problems occasionally.