Was hoping IG would have a forum by now for direct communication. We have no way of knowing if they monitor this forum so this could be a waste of time, but thought a thread for them to read where fans say their top ten wishes could be useful.
There was something similar on the DH forums, but that's gone now.
1. Fix all bugs
2. No reinvention. One thing DH got absolutely right is the core gameplay mechanics. Don't do anything to mess with that balance.
3. A good mix of new and old characters. Don't be afraid of nostalgia warriors who will rage at anything beyond all character being classics, and add a few of your own. A 5/3 or even 4/4 mix would be good. Perhaps try and compromise to both camps by making new/classic characters - like Spinal when he was a man, Eagle, Fulgore mark 4, another alien from Glacius' world etc.
4. Maintain the huge difference between characters. Clones are easier to make, but will kill the game. Look at all past fighting games for styles that haven't been tapped and unique gameplay traits that could be a character's unique traits and make them stand out - think parries, stance changing, grapple chains - throw everything and the kitchen sink to keep the game fresh.
5. Fix some classic costumes, or create a new set. Might be a bit sensitive changing DHs work, but most agree some of the classic costumes need work. Jago's hands are too big, Glacius' skull too square and deep, Orchid is all wrong and needs remodelling, Sabrewulf just plain weird. It may be more politically neutral to just leave DH's as they are and create a new set, but I personally wouldn't mind them being altered.
6. More/better accessories and perhaps a colour palette customiser.
7. Second stages for all characters as DLC?
8. Match making options. A lot of people find it annoying to keep getting much higher ranked players. A lot of higher ranked players predictably like it that way. Give options for matchmaking within 3 ranks, and the open system the way it is
9. Maybe give multiple route to costume colour and accessory unlocks. If you don't play competitively online with some characters you'll never unlock everything, but you might want to play with those characters offline with friends or in exhibitions. Give two routes to all items, one unlockable by offline and exhibition play.
10. Express yourselves! ;-)