Wireless Headsets are complete Junk!

I remember when they 1st came out, I ran right out and got one.  Paid the $50, went home, charged it, then when it was finished charging I turned it on, synced it up and started chatting away with my friends.  15 minutes later it died.  Thing wouldn't hold a charge.  I returned it, got my money back, then returned to the wired headset.

|

Years later I get a new wireless headset as a gift.  Fine by me, brand new and not a dime spent, right?  Maybe by now they've worked out the kinks.  Wrong!  Every time I turn on my controller, it boots the headset to spot 2 and I can't use it for chat.  Tried resyncing both the mic and the controller, but the same thing keeps happening.  Is there a fix for this or am I doomed a wired existence?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Which is why I bought this.

I haven't had any problems with mine.

My Halo 3 Wireless Headset still works.

The Wireless Headset should always go the the first controller if the controller doesn't have a wired headset plugged in.

My "wireless" headset is my Kinect...Once I calibrated it properly, I stopped using headsets entirely. Big benefit is that I can fully hear my surround because I no longer have something covering or crammed in my ear. Kinect FTW!

Kinect is awesome i use it as my headset to ! :D oh btw i have my US console and US black ops with me here in Europe and im having 1600 points shipped to me would i have a problem downloading the new maps for black ops? my gamertag is US also btw , please help!

Mine still works fine after 1 year! Sometimes looking after better might help, Just saying :-)

Omg. I hate people that use the Kinect as their headset. It sounds completely awful when you are the one actually listening to it. It is loud, distorted and it sounds like the person talking is in a hollow room. In my case, I still use the wired headset. I plan on buying some Ear Force x31s once the big shooters start coming out this fall like Gears 3 and Battlefield 3. Some of my friends have Astro a40s, but I refuse to spend the same amount of money that it would cost to actually buy a brand new 360 console on an accessory.

I've had a wireless mic for a few years and have had no problems.  Then again I haven't been using it since I got my Astro's.

These look really awesome.

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqCukjOotxs]

Stopped watching when I heard Madcatz.