Wireless Connection & BO

Is my wireless xbox connection hurting me that badly in BO? Is my ping significantly worse? I never really thought about it until a thread I was reading recently.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

If you are talking about using a wireless router in your home, they are slightly less reliable and can experience some interference. I would suggest a wired connection from router to console.

If you are using a wi-fi internet provider,  they can be significantly slower than cable or dsl.

Wireless connections are never as good as wired.  I have wireless throughout my house but I always have my 360 and PS3 connected directly.  

"Happy Drinking"

forget wireless what really hurts is trying to play the game on virgin media their traffic management kills it for most regardless of what speed your on 

forget wireless what really hurts is trying to play the game on virgin media bloody hell double post 

I've hook mine up with cable and wireless.

It's no different for me...

I used to have my xbox hooked up wirelessly but I was having some bad lag. Switched to wire and it works great .

[quote user="LOUISE CYPHRE"]

Wireless connections are never as good as wired.  I have wireless throughout my house but I always have my 360 and PS3 connected directly.  

[/quote]

This.

I have wireless that I use when a friend or my girlfriend uses the Ethernet. It's not much of a difference for me, lag every now and then but not that big of a deal. But of course, wired is always better

With the lag the way it is now hardwired, I doubt it'll be that big a difference wireless.

I have a cable modem and wireless router. I have a line running to my living room. I might as well put two ends on it and hardwire the xbox. You guys are right, if I get 3ms better response time, it's still better.