Windows Live dosn't recognise the computer I'm using

I am trying to purchase Xbox points, I can log into Windows Live on my PC and I have verified my account with Windows Live multiple times. 

I can access my Xbox account and I can view how many points I have, but when ever I try to manage my account I am told:

"We don't recognise the computer you're using".  

To access this content, please sign in on a computer that's connected to your account.

Called: "??%$£$%&??"

This is the same PC I have been using for years and it has the same Name as referred to in the above request. I am not sure why this is happening because as mentioned above I can still log into Windows Live using my log-in and password and download my e-mails.

I have had in depth conversations with an Xbox representative who was very helpful but advised me that the problem is nothing to do with the service Xbox provide and that the Xbox support team can't help me any further as it is a Windows Live Issue? I was a bit disappointed by this response as I was of the opinion that Xbox was integrated to work with Windows Live. Apparently not!!!

It would be nice to get some guidance from Xbox on how to resolve this issue or who to approach at Microsoft as I appear to have drawn a blank.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You can add your current PC as a trusted PC (not needing the verification) by doing the following:

[quote]3. How to add a Trusted PC

NOTE
: Internet Explorer and Windows Live Essentials 
are required

1. Click here to access your security proofs
  2. Under Trusted PC, click on Make this computer a trusted PC
  3. Type in your computer name
    NOTE: To find your computer's name, open the start menu (or go to desktop), right click on "Computer" and click on "Properties". Your computer name will be listed under "Computer name, domain and workgroup settings" (WINDOWS 7)
  4. Click Save
[/quote]

If you have any other inquiries about your account proofs (such as your trusted PC, alternate e-mail), please look HERE.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.