Windows unable to find xbox one on network??

Hi, the last few days I've been trying to find my xbox one on my network.

I'm running windows 8.1 and it is unable to find xbx on my network the settings on console have been set up to allow play to. Now my xbx is wired in yet my pc is wireless could this be a reason? I'm also running AVG 2015 internet security.

I've set everything i can on my network to allow devices, the only one i can't change is the advanced sharing settings, every time i go to change it to turn on network discovery it reverts back to turning it off.

I have also changed my xbx system name as I read this could be the cause but with no result.

Can anyone help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 50 Applies to:

Hey there, InnerMonkeyBoy! I'm sorry to see any connection issues to your PC! Hopefully I can help you get to the bottom of this.

Having your PC wireless while your Xbox One is wired could definitely cause the issue, but it isn't a common cause. You can try wiring up your PC to see if that can work.

AVG can cause issues with your PC being able to see Xbox consoles on your network as well. I suggest temporarily turning it off, or uninstalling it completely if that doesn't work. This will help rule it out, and if it doesn't work, you can always reinstall it after. Windows Firewall will protect you in the meantime while testing that out.

If Network Discovery keeps turning back off, my first instinct is that there is something on your PC causing it to do that. That is not something that should turn off automatically, so I would look at doing a clean up of your PC as well.

Give those a shot and let me know how it goes! Hopefully we can get you streaming here shortly. :3

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I will give this a try thank you. I did consider cleaning up my PC and restarting a fresh but wanted to try and avoid it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.