windows phone 8 - xbox music app - not syncing xbox music playlists

ok the details:

Been using xbox music sub for 2 years, I have locally cached content that plays fine on desktop and laptop both windows 8.

windows phone music app syncs the lot.

the new xbox music app doesn't, it doesn't sync playlists and seems to lag like hell.

I have 6 playlists on xbox music (on windows 8 and they show on xbox music), they do not show on xbox music app on WP, the playlists I create on the WP app do not sync back to cloud (or windows apps).

Anyone else found this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

I experienced a similar issue which materialized in Oct 2013, whereby my Music+Videos app was unable to even see any of the 'cloud' playlists. However playlists that were still in my 'History', did continue to function, and songs which I added to those playlists via the xbox music website, were added to those playlists as well. However those playlists in my 'History' did not appear in the playlists section of the app (only in the history section).

Then in December I attempted to purchase an Xbox Music Pass and was unable to, and so that's when I contacted Microsoft support. So over the past month I worked with them to determine the exact nature of the problem, and apparently it was due to some backend issue with my Microsoft account and the marketplace. A fix was enacted by the marketplace team sometime this month, and both issues have now been resolved completely. I enquired if this 'fix' would also be applied to other people's accounts who might be experiencing similar issues, and they indicated that it would be.  In any event if your issue was rooted in the same cause as mine, then hopefully it might be functional now. So you can restart your phone and see if the playlists now appear. I would like to add that the support team was very responsive and helpful over the past month in resolving this issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there gingerboy79,

Try this: First go to music.xbox.com, then click the " + " under some songs and go to "Add to collection". From your collection, make a new playlist with the newly added songs then see if it shows on your phone.

If this post was helpful please mark it as "Answer" in order to help other community members.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.