Windows 8.1 Pro RTM Xbox Video: error c00d133c

Someone recommended I post in this forum, which seems odd as I'm having an issue on Windows 8.1, not the Xbox console, but I'll give it a try anyway. A while back I purchased a movie that is no longer available on Xbox Video. Just as recommended, I downloaded a copy of it both on my Xbox 360 and on my Windows 8 PC. Key piece of information here: I've DOWNLOADED the movie, I'm not trying to stream it. I've upgraded to Windows 8.1 recently, and this locally downloaded movie will not play. It still plays on Xbox 360, and I can still download, stream and play on Windows 8 (checked my wife's Surface RT, everything works fine there). Support page (http://support.xbox.com/en-US/apps/windows-8/windows-8-error-c00d133c) says that I should try searching in the store (obviously it's not there), otherwise the content isn't available any more. Sure it is - it's on my computer. I'd like to access it, as I paid to do so. Is this a decision by Microsoft not to allow me to access content I've already paid for, or is it (hopefully) a bug? I'm scared it's the former.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:
Answer

Hey, ACYCLIC 

You have definitely come to the right place & we're happy to do what we can to get you watching again soon.  The first thing we would check here is to see if there are any updates available for your Video app on the 8.1 machine. If so, download them & try again. Any change? 

If that doesn't make this right, we would then right click on the Video app tile & click uninstall.  Then search the PC for "wsreset.exe" & confirm.  When that's done running, restart the PC & reinstall the Video app. Any change?

Let us know how it goes, we'll be here for you.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.