Windows 8 and X-0Box Subscription for Music and Playlists?

Ok, so I subscribed and have access to all this music. however, in Canada data plans are pricy. I used windows phone desktop for 8 to download my songs. On the phone, I noticed when looking at my songs that they are listed twice. Once for the one downloaded and once for the one on the cloud. I have many playlists that I created on my desktop that will synch to my phone WHEN THE SETTING IS SET FOR CLOUD. It seems that if I play the play list that it plays the songs from the cloud using my data plan. If I turn off the cloud in settings, I see only the songs that I own and/or that were downloaded onto my phone. But then two things happen:

1)  The playlists are gone (empty and lonely in here)

2) Some of the songs that I downloaded will not play and give the error cannot check the rights?

Both these issues disappear when cloud is on. So I decided to try and create a play list using my phone with the cloud off. I went to my music, then to songs and held down on top of a song. I had the following choices: add to now playing, play smart DJ, share and delete.  

So what does this mean? Before I get into my car I have to create an instant play list (now playing) before I drive to Boston like I did last week? How can I get the playlists into my phone without having to worry about a huge data plan bill at the end of the month?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

What I usually do on WP7.5 is add all the songs I want to the Now Playing, then save the playlist. I was looking for apps on the WP store for playlist editing and creation, but I only found one and it was a pay app. Maybe I'll buy it some day.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.