Windows 10 Unable to find Xbox one in Devices (Cast to option)

Recently downloaded Windows 10, and im trying to stream a movie on my PC to my Xbox one over the WiFi in my home. Before i updated to windows 10 from windows 7, I was able to do this easily with the play to option. I see the similar cast to device option but my Xbox one cannot be found. I have the play to option selected under preferences on my console, the video app open, and both devices are connected and working on the WiFi. The new Xbox app from windows is able to find my console and i have access to the new game streaming feature which works fine. Under devices and find device within the control panel, my Xbox one is no where to be found. I understand that this may be a firewall issue but i have done all i know to do so any help is greatly appreciated. I know additional information will be needed to help resolve this issue and i will respond asap. Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated September 9, 2018 Views 470 Applies to:

Did you ever find an answer to this?  I'm able to use the XBox app to view my XBox interface and can interact with it, so I'm pretty sure my problem isn't firewall related.  However, I cannot add my XBox One under Connected Devices.  It doesn't find it.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there, Kicker006! I'm sorry to see any issues connecting your Xbox One to your PC! One simple thing to do is to make sure they are both wired in to your router. This thread is a little old. If you need further assistance, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.