will there ever be gaming tv again?

now that g4 is finally going under dose anyone think another gaming channel will ever pop up again? I've had an idea for a web base game channel for a few years now. All i need is a team to help me get it off the ground and a *** load of money, that shouldn't be to hard, LOL... :(

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

What's the point of a gaming TV channel now?  You can get all the content you want via YouTube and game websites now.

well some people told me they were made aware of how popular games were now because there was a gaming channel like g4, a few even became gamers

Gaming TV? Who the hell actually cared about it?

-

Get your gaming news from YouTube channels or whatever, dudz.

everyone like different things, don't judge

X-play put me on to several games that I would have otherwise been unaware of. So while the idea of an entire channel dedicated to gaming turned out to be unsuccessful, I would at least like to see some gaming TV shows.

ya, always thought spike needs to come out with a few more game shows

[quote user="disabledgamerJH"]

well some people told me they were made aware of how popular games were now because there was a gaming channel like g4, a few even became gamers

[/quote]

While that might be the case, it's not a valid reasons to run a TV show.  Raising awareness for video gaming isn't necessary nowadays, video games consistently serve as the biggest entertainment launches every year.  Video gaming gains more than enough media attention.

The purpose of gaming channel is to provide gaming information but this is just redundant, because it takes to long and it's to costly to produce a gaming show.  IGN and other gaming websites report news within minutes of announcements, and then provide weekly round-ups in both text and video format.   There just isn't a big enough audience for a gaming TV shows.

Youtube  has made those pointless??

[quote user="PhilMarck"]Gaming TV? Who the hell actually cared about it?[/quote]No one. That's why they've failed so miserably and now just air garbage. 

g4 hasn't been a gaming channel for years, when tech tv became g4 it was a gaming channel, many of shows had to do with games, you had X play, game trailers tv, and another game reviewing show (forget the name). i'm glad g4 is dieing, AoTS was terrible, xplay was more commercials and BS than content. the only thing G4 did well was show e3, and even then they never got the MS conference which doesn't make sense to me why spike gets it every year.