Will there be a new XBOX 360 dashboard beta?

For the last 2 years I've been applying for the new updates in advance and testing them etc, will the be a way of testing the new features announced at this years E3? is there anywhere you can apply?

Sorry if this is the wrong section.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Nothing as of yet. They don't really do beta testing for dashboard updates.

They only had a beta for the last update as they were changing the firmware on DVD drives which could have affected some people.

Well they usually have a preview program so it's quite possible

They always offer an opt-in beta test program via http://connect.microsoft.com/

Come back and che k in the fall.  

[quote user="SONIC SCREAM 07"]

Nothing as of yet. They don't really do beta testing for dashboard updates.

They only had a beta for the last update as they were changing the firmware on DVD drives which could have affected some people.

[/quote]

They weren't called betas but they're were "preview programs" for the Spring Update that allowed flash memory support, the Kinect Dash and the most recent update. I participated in all three of those and there were more that I missed out on.

A good place to keep tabs on these things is MajorNelson.com.

i'd say i'm about 80% sure there will be.

[quote user="DeaconMVP"]

i'd say i'm about 80% sure there will be.

[/quote]

YYYEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!   Im so anxious to try out the bing integrated kinect feature. Kinect is an amazing piece of tech. ill def be signing up for the beta this fall. Major nelson will post it on his blog when the time comes around.

Another suggestion, if you have a gmail account go to google alerts: http://www.google.com/alerts and set up an alert with the search term "beta test" xbox 360 -- I just got into the ms. splosion man beta by seeing an alert pop into my email. Generally there are forums and whatnot that see it before I ever would, and google lets me know :)

In fact...it's how I found this thread