Will the xbox 360 get 3D update?

Would anybody know if the xbox 360 will get an update in the near future to enable real 3D gaming? I enjoy 3D gaming on the PS3 and hope that this rumour is true but can anybody shed some light to this rumour?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

From what I know the 360 can do stereoscopic 3D.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

If you mean Call of Duty: Black Ops then thats not what i'm asking. I have tried that but it doesn't look anywhere near as good as the PS3 games that i have played in 3D.

MS has already stated that they do not believe it is something that Consumers are looking for and do not really Support it. Had the Linky a while ago but I can't find it. I wouldn't count on it for a while (maybe?).

turn off display discovery its right there

I dont think MS really supports 3d

The 360 has always supported 3D in that it's really easy to render 2+ frames simultaneously, meaning any dramatic update for 3D was unnecessary. For example, Halo 3, ODST, and probably Reach all use multiple frame-buffers to achieve lighting quality beyond what the 360 could render otherwise. A few recent games support it, but many developers are holding off because adoption of 3DTV's has been really slow.

[quote user="sebprice1984"]

If you mean Call of Duty: Black Ops then thats not what i'm asking. I have tried that but it doesn't look anywhere near as good as the PS3 games that i have played in 3D.

[/quote]

Stereoscopic 3D is a 3D technology, another type for example is the red and green glasses 3D. Stereoscopic is one of the more popular ones, and Im failry sure thats the 3D that the PS3 update uses.

Unlike the PS3, the Xbox 360 doesn't support HDMI 1.3, only 1.2. Therefore, it doesn't have the bandwidth that the PS3 does. Gears of War 3 and the Halo - CE remake are supposed to both have stereoscopic 3D although it remains to be seen what the quality is like. Frankly, the current HD consoles just don't have the graphic power required to display 3D at a decent resolution at a reasonable frame rate. Virtually every 3D game is either low resolution and/or with a lower frame rate to accomodate it.  I think we will have to wait until the next generation of consoles to fully realise the potential of 3D. If it lasts that long however, 3D gaming and movies in the home have hardly been a barnstorming hit.

I thought it was HDMI 1.4 the Xbox 360 didn't support?

The 360 has already recieved a "3d update" go under your system settings and you will find the options to select screen size in inches and also to enable/disable the feature. See, already in there kids. The caveat is that products MUST be 3d...just like any 3d enabled product, the software whether movies or games must be 3d encoded. So lets go easy on the fanyboyisms and enjoy the 3d...cause, again its already there....if you have 3d tv and 3d enabled games/movies...ENJOY!