Will socializing be a major part of the game?

Something that turned me off in the original GTA IV was the socializing aspect. It was overdone in my opinion and actually stopped me from playing the game for the past years.

Is there something official already about if socializing will again be a major part of the game in GTA V?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Nothing confirmed.

I liked the social aspect of the game though, this is one game that it worked well in and didn't seem superfluous.

The whole internet and mobile concept is something that I hope Rockstar elaborate on.

I said in another thread that it'd be cool to be able to text message other players in multiplayer games, and it'd be interesting in other applications like being able to manage your Rockstar Social Club clan on the in-game internet.

Like I said though, nothing confirmed, but I can't see Rockstar scrapping an otherwise great addition to the series. 

This is in response to your last post in the GTA IV Forum:

"As far as I remember, you can still complete the game even if you reject socializing requests. All you need is to have your phone available so people can call you to give you missions. You can lessen the amount of times the phone rings by putting it in "Sleep Mode". If you do this, however, you will not receieve any phone calls, wwhich means you cannot receive the missions. Rejecting social requests will simply not grant you the "perks" you receieve from said character is all."

In other words, if R* continue to follow this model, you will still be able to complete the game and the "socilaizing" will only be a minor hindrance overall. I personally liked the idea that we could take friends out to places. What I didn't like was being constantly bombarded with requests! "Hey, Niko! Want to go bowling?" "For the 1000th time, Roman: NO! I DON'T WANT TO GO F****** BOWLING!!!"

Probably will be because a lot of people liked it. :)

The only thing I can tell you that is confirmed, is there is no more dating.

^^  What, do you work for Rockstar? lol

GI article confirmed it. I'm kinda upset that they did take out dating. It gave the game more "life". At least we can still hang out with friends.

lol possibly. :P  I don't believe anything unless Rockstar says it, but anyways, I hated taking GF's out all the time.  lol.  One thing I wish they would do is if they actually made it possible to use the Internet on GTA instead of a fake Internet.  Now that would be cool, but it would probably take up to much space. :(

Yeah, so kids could look up *** underaged?

I liked the GTA IV interweb, I saw it as Rockstar's hub for parody and imitation. 

And it was always nice seeing the events in the world reflected through the net. 

GTA is a game about parodying America. Why would you want an ACTUAL Internet? It makes more sense to have a parody of the Internet rather than the real thing. This can also be related to the argument of having real car brands in GTA games: it just wouldn't feel like GTA.