Will people who purchase Destiny digitally off Xbox Marketplace get a beta code?

So, I'm really interested in playing the Destiny beta, but it seems that you have to pre-order a physical copy from Game, Amazon or Sainsburys.

Personally I prefer a digital game collection with everything downloaded from Xbox Marketplace, but since there is no way to pre-order digital copies, there is no way to get the beta code.

Can anyone tell me if there's any talk around allowing people who plan to buy digitally access to the Destiny beta?

Many thank.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 36 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Preorder a copy from Gamestop, get the beta code, and then later cancel the preorder.

Even if we could purchase digital codes to enter instead of physical media? But it seems there are no options?

[quote] Preorder a copy from Gamestop, get the beta code, and then later cancel the preorder. [/quote]

This is what I did. I don't want a physical copy either.

I prefer the digital download as well but sadly no preorder option so far. I can only hope that will be added at a later time so we (the digital community) can get access to things like beta's as well

I preordered a physical copy. If they release a nice collectors edition I might get that, if not I'll buy a digital copy. Not even bothered about my £5.

Pre-ordered a  physcial copy to get a the beta as well, plan on canceling once the beta is over. We need digital pre-order options and bonuses!

We do! On top of the increased pricing there's absolutely zero incentive to buy digital other than the convenience of not having to put the disc in the system to play.

Unreal Warfare, think before typing:

Destiny Digital Guardian Edition ($89.99) contents:

• Digital Download of Destiny

• Early access to Vanguard Armory and Player Emblem pre-order bonus

• Reservation for two upcoming Destiny Expansions, “The Dark Below” and “House of Wolves,” featuring:

◦ Brand new story missions

◦ Cooperative and competitive multiplayer arenas

◦ A wealth of all new weapons, armor, and gear to earn

• Collector’s Edition Digital Content: The City has also provided you with a cache of items to start you on your journey, including: ◦ A Unique Ghost Casing

◦ An Exclusive Player Emblem

◦ An Exclusive Player Ship Skin

www.xboxachievements.com/.../news-18618-Destiny-Beta-Trailered-and-Dated--Expansion-Pass-and-Limited-Editions-Revealed.html

Nope physical disk for me :)

So basically on the Xbox One I can't preorder the digital version? - this is going to make me purchase it on the PS4.  My son wants it on the Xbox but it doesn't seem as convenient.